Product News: Slovakian designer Tomas Kral has created a collection of small silicone pots for Hong Kong design brand Praxis.
Called Flex, the pots make use of the material's flexibility and have covers that are fixed at one side but flap up at the other. "Looking like small animals, the flexible lids can be opened easily and always close back, so the containers never stay opened where they are not in use," says Kral.
Praxis produces silicone desktop products by a number of European designers including Alexander Taylor, Big-Game, Alexis Georgacopoulos and Tomàs Alonso. We featured bird-like silicone containers by Swedish designers TAF for Praxis back in May.
Tomas Kral has a studio in Lausanne, Switzerland, where he also teaches at ECAL. Other designs by Tomas Kral on Dezeen include his graduation project combining cork and glass, and a pencil case with teeth.
Photos are by Martin Haldimann.
- Morrison, Meda, Irvine and IDEO for Oliv…etti
- Just in Case by Menosunocerouno
- Chapel of the Assumption Interior by Joh…n Doe
- Dezeen Watch Store summer sale: up to 40…% off LunaTik watches
- Hlutagerðin recreates ancient Icelandic… armour for tea cosy and tablet case
- Mutagenesis by Arne Quinze at Abitare Il… Tempo
- Well Done: a food company annual report …that has to be cooked first
- Clocks, timers and thermometers by plusm…inuszero
- Twisting barbed wire fence installed by …Didier Faustino at Cincinnati's Contemporary Arts Center
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories