Product News: Slovakian designer Tomas Kral has created a collection of small silicone pots for Hong Kong design brand Praxis.
Called Flex, the pots make use of the material's flexibility and have covers that are fixed at one side but flap up at the other. "Looking like small animals, the flexible lids can be opened easily and always close back, so the containers never stay opened where they are not in use," says Kral.
Praxis produces silicone desktop products by a number of European designers including Alexander Taylor, Big-Game, Alexis Georgacopoulos and Tomàs Alonso. We featured bird-like silicone containers by Swedish designers TAF for Praxis back in May.
Tomas Kral has a studio in Lausanne, Switzerland, where he also teaches at ECAL. Other designs by Tomas Kral on Dezeen include his graduation project combining cork and glass, and a pencil case with teeth.
Photos are by Martin Haldimann.
- Hedda Torgersen's anthropomorphic Boo la…mp to be exhibited at 100% Norway
- MoMA Design Store in Tokyo
- Paperpulp by Debbie Wijskamp
- Moon Ji Bang installs a field of mushroo…m-shaped balloons outside a Seoul museum
- Glacier modules by Ralston & Bau
- Kimono Chair by Tokujin Yoshioka
- Iris van Herpen uses 3D printing and mag…nets to form Spring Summer 2015 fashion collection
- Cabaret Voltaire by Designliga
- Drawn from Clay – Noordoostpolder by A…telier NL at Gallery Libby Sellers
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories