Polish fashion and interior designer Aga Brzostek has created a chair with an integrated blanket for wrapping up warm in winter.
Aga Brzostek drew from her experience in the fashion industry when creating the chair, shaping the cover like a large jumper and naming it after the Autumn/Winter fashion season.
"The foundation of it is the cool northern surroundings of where I live," says Brzostek. "Sweater-like elements of the chair can be used as a headrest to create a cozy environment for an evening reading as well as a soft cover for chilly winter nights. "
The Krakow-based designer used hard foam for the structure of the chair, covering the seat and backrest in softer foam for comfort and using reclaimed wool for the cover.
The cover is removable and adjustable, allowing the user to alter the look of the chair to suit their individual preferences, and also features a pocket for magazines or books. Photography is by Marek Kowalski.
German designer Hanna Emelie Ernsting developed a similar idea in 2011. Her Moody Couch is a sofa with an oversized, duvet-like cover that you can wrap around you. Ernsting later developed an armchair version of the idea, called Moody nest. See our video interview with Ernsting about Moody Couch.
- Häagen-Dazs Cloud ice cream by Front
- Stacking Throne by Laurens van Wieringen
- Folding Plug by Min-Kyu Choi
- Joseph Grima explores changing ideas of …domesticity for Biennale Interieur exhibition
- Moritz Waldemeyer lasers for Lights by E…llie Goulding
- Bunad Blankets by Andreas Engesvik
- Tomek Ducki animates Adam and Eve's sinf…ul story like an "underground party"
- Ceramic coffee set launched by Luca Nich…etto and Mjölk
- Made in Italy talks: il Modo Italiano
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories