Polish fashion and interior designer Aga Brzostek has created a chair with an integrated blanket for wrapping up warm in winter.
Aga Brzostek drew from her experience in the fashion industry when creating the chair, shaping the cover like a large jumper and naming it after the Autumn/Winter fashion season.
"The foundation of it is the cool northern surroundings of where I live," says Brzostek. "Sweater-like elements of the chair can be used as a headrest to create a cozy environment for an evening reading as well as a soft cover for chilly winter nights. "
The Krakow-based designer used hard foam for the structure of the chair, covering the seat and backrest in softer foam for comfort and using reclaimed wool for the cover.
The cover is removable and adjustable, allowing the user to alter the look of the chair to suit their individual preferences, and also features a pocket for magazines or books. Photography is by Marek Kowalski.
German designer Hanna Emelie Ernsting developed a similar idea in 2011. Her Moody Couch is a sofa with an oversized, duvet-like cover that you can wrap around you. Ernsting later developed an armchair version of the idea, called Moody nest. See our video interview with Ernsting about Moody Couch.
- AL-10 by Vuk Jakovljevic
- "I started my company with a completely …bogus business plan" - Janne Kyttanen
- NASA's travel posters promote newly disc…overed planets
- Ideas wanted for a more cycle-friendly L…ondon
- Ascent lamp by Daniel Rybakken for Lucep…lan
- Scaffolding Brut by Beta Tank
- Kaj by Karim Rashid at Dezeen Watch Stor…e
- Phurniture shows Morel’s Computational… Chair
- Michael Young relaunches PXR-5 watch tha…t caused "queues blocking the corridors"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories