Cologne 2013: French brand Ligne Roset has launched a storage box and mirror hanging either end of a leather strap by design collective Outofstock.
The two elements are connected by a natural leather strap that wraps round the perimeter of both items and allows them to be hung from a black-lacquered steel hook.
"The design explores the notion of balance - in the actual and figurative sense - between two geometric shapes of different visual weights, and two different functions in the mirror and storage tray," say the designers. "Each element has its place, where one relies on the other."
The mirror and shelf are intended for the hallway, bathroom or bedroom.
Outofstock is a collective focussing on interior and product design, comprising Gabriel Tan and Wendy Chua from Singapore, Sébastian Alberdi from Spain and Gustaves Maggio from Argentina. They founded the group in 2006 when they met in Stockholm, hence the name. Previous designs by Outofstock include a table with interlocking branch-like legs, also for Ligne Roset, and a Burger King outlet in Singapore that imitates a garden.
imm cologne took place from 14 to 20 January and other products launched at the fair included ceramic lamps by Benjamin Hubert for Ligne Roset, a DIY curtain kit by the Bouroullec brothers and a bench based on the famous Barcelona Chair by Konstantin Grcic. See all our stories about products launched at imm cologne.
- Martino Gamper plays with perspective …for Prada window installations
- Nendo collection by Nendo for Bisazza …Bagno
- Super Contemporary interviews: Hussein… Chalayan
- Furniture made from soil then baked li…ke bread by Erez Nevi Pana
- Dezeentalks at [D3] Design Talents: Ki…lian Schindler
- Het Kruikantoor by Tim Vinke
- Extra ID by Anke Weiss
- May Kukula's Aroma set produces homema…de room fragrances
- Impossible Technology's electric bicyc…le folds away into a backpack
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories