Cologne 2013: French brand Ligne Roset has launched an asymmetric desk by French designer Thibault Desombre.
The Litho desk was shown by Ligne Roset at trade fair imm cologne last week and features a natural oak veneer top with drawer on the left-hand side, plus a satin-lacquered desk top at an angle on the right-hand side.
The desk is set on tapered oak legs that are cross-braced with steel framing. The desk comes in white, mustard, caramel or deep khaki.
"To successfully create an object one must outline what is essential in order to give it meaning," says Thibault Desombre. "Litho is a poetic approach to the workspace."
For the past two years cabinet-maker Thibault Desombre has been working as a consultant designer for French mail order brand La Redoute. We've featured projects from La Redoute before, including A+A Cooren's Y Collection of furniture.
imm cologne took place from 14 to 20 January and other products launched at the fair included a vanity shelf by Outofstock for Ligne Roset, a DIY curtain kit by the Bouroullec brothers and a bench based on the famous Barcelona Chair by Konstantin Grcic.
- Gifu by María del Pilar Velasco and Pau… Stephens
- Melt by Agnieszka Bar
- Interactive slideshow: Nordic designers …create furniture, lighting and accessories for Muuto
- Parrish by Konstantin Grcic and Emeco fo…r the Parrish Art Museum
- Tube Map Radio by Yuri Suzuki
- 100% Inspiration: Andrew Waugh
- Clip, Stamp, Fold: The Radical Architec…ture of Little Magazines, at the Architectural Association
- RGB Vases – P242 by Oscar Diaz
- C-Fabriek curated by Itay Ohaly and Thom…as Vailly
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories