Designer Philippe Malouin explains why he hung transparent bunting above the street in the next of our Seven Designers for Seven Dials movies about the aerial installations curated by Dezeen.
"You can see through the installation and through the neighbourhood all the way to the momument itself without obscuring or taking up too much visual space in the street," says Malouin.
The 60 lines of transparent PVC bunting that were strung across the road caught the sunlight and rippled in the wind.
Dezeen commissioned seven young designers to create seven installations to hang above the streets of Covent Garden during last year's London Design Festival, and Malouin's bunting installation was located on Earlham Street.
Photography is by Mark Cocksedge.
- Kacper Hamilton's brass device depicts t…ime as solid matter
- Alessandro Ciffo at Dilmos
- RGB Fabulous Landscapes by Carnovsky
- Lolice shoes by Belma Arnautović
- Gord Peteran at Cranbrook Art Museum
- Earn/Urn by Neil Conley
- FredriksonStallard at David Gill Galleri…es
- Topshop Showspace SS14 by Pernilla Ohrst…edt Studio
- Ran Out by Shlomit Bauman
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories