Designer Philippe Malouin explains why he hung transparent bunting above the street in the next of our Seven Designers for Seven Dials movies about the aerial installations curated by Dezeen.
"You can see through the installation and through the neighbourhood all the way to the momument itself without obscuring or taking up too much visual space in the street," says Malouin.
The 60 lines of transparent PVC bunting that were strung across the road caught the sunlight and rippled in the wind.
Dezeen commissioned seven young designers to create seven installations to hang above the streets of Covent Garden during last year's London Design Festival, and Malouin's bunting installation was located on Earlham Street.
Photography is by Mark Cocksedge.
- Tint room dividers by Kristine Five Melv…ær
- Underwater by David Bowen
- MotherBoard by Romolo Stanco
- Autumn/Winter chair by Aga Brzostek
- Lift by Staffan Holm for One Nordic
- Designers reinterpret Ron Arad's Tom Vac… chair
- New MINI Clubman
- Camerino Collection by Brose~Fogale
- Dune Formations by Zaha Hadid
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories