Designer Philippe Malouin explains why he hung transparent bunting above the street in the next of our Seven Designers for Seven Dials movies about the aerial installations curated by Dezeen.
"You can see through the installation and through the neighbourhood all the way to the momument itself without obscuring or taking up too much visual space in the street," says Malouin.
The 60 lines of transparent PVC bunting that were strung across the road caught the sunlight and rippled in the wind.
Dezeen commissioned seven young designers to create seven installations to hang above the streets of Covent Garden during last year's London Design Festival, and Malouin's bunting installation was located on Earlham Street.
Photography is by Mark Cocksedge.
- Sur les Rivages by Aïssa Logerot and …Amandine Chhor
- Proposal for Resuscitating Prehistoric… Creatures by Marguerite Humeau
- Sou Fujimoto stacks aluminium boxes to… form "nomadic" house installation in Paris
- Patricia Urquiola for Moroso
- Gaetano Pesce for Meritalia
- Teso table by Foster + Partners for Mo…lteni&C
- Bao House by dot Architects
- Animalia by Nigel Coates for Fratelli …Boffi
- Lanana by Ryszard Rychlicki
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories