Designer Philippe Malouin explains why he hung transparent bunting above the street in the next of our Seven Designers for Seven Dials movies about the aerial installations curated by Dezeen.
"You can see through the installation and through the neighbourhood all the way to the momument itself without obscuring or taking up too much visual space in the street," says Malouin.
The 60 lines of transparent PVC bunting that were strung across the road caught the sunlight and rippled in the wind.
Dezeen commissioned seven young designers to create seven installations to hang above the streets of Covent Garden during last year's London Design Festival, and Malouin's bunting installation was located on Earlham Street.
Photography is by Mark Cocksedge.
- Dissecting the Dandy by Form Us With Lov…e
- Designed in Hackney: Crystal Bulb by Lee… Broom
- The Pavilion by Morag Myerscough and Luk…e Morgan
- Heinz Beanz Flavour Experience by Bompas… & Parr
- Dick Van Hoff for Makkum
- Shepard Fairey wins Design of the Year
- Series One by Another Country
- Mia Cullin models wooden benches on pian…o stools for Orkester collection
- Interview with Nick Regan of Laikingland
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories