Maison&Objet 2013: Swedish designer Mattias Ståhlbom of TAF has created an uplighter for Danish brand Muuto that can be adjusted by rotating the shade.
Called Up, the product features a funnel-shaped shade that is lower at one side than the other and sits on a baring, allowing it to be rotated freely to alter the amount of light blocked.
“Up lamp mixes light and shadow to create a cosy and warm atmosphere anywhere it is placed," says Ståhlbom. "Through the profile of the lamp shade, Up elegantly interacts with the surrounding walls and ceiling."
The lamp features a replaceable warm LED bulb with a dimmer function. It's made of cast aluminium with a rubber switch at the back, above the flex, and comes in white, grey or green.
Up was launched at homeware and gift fair Maison&Objet in Paris last week. See other new products launched at Maison&Objet here, including ice-cream coloured poufs and rugs by Patricia Urquiola, and colourful glassware by Scholten & Baijings for Hay.
- Elastic Diamond by Nendo
- Movie: Omer Arbel on "making chandeliers… on an agricultural farm"
- The Scent of Crystal by Tokujin Yoshioka
- Inga Sempé's modular pinboard for Hay t…idies away small items
- Workstead bolts together metal rods to f…orm lighting for Another Country
- Roc Apeldoorn classroom by Jurgen Bey
- Plastic Garbage Guarding the Museum by L…uzinterruptus
- Visionaire 55 Surprise
- Gudpaka Lamp by Great Things to People
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories