Maison&Objet 2013: Swedish designer Mattias Ståhlbom of TAF has created an uplighter for Danish brand Muuto that can be adjusted by rotating the shade.
Called Up, the product features a funnel-shaped shade that is lower at one side than the other and sits on a baring, allowing it to be rotated freely to alter the amount of light blocked.
“Up lamp mixes light and shadow to create a cosy and warm atmosphere anywhere it is placed," says Ståhlbom. "Through the profile of the lamp shade, Up elegantly interacts with the surrounding walls and ceiling."
The lamp features a replaceable warm LED bulb with a dimmer function. It's made of cast aluminium with a rubber switch at the back, above the flex, and comes in white, grey or green.
Up was launched at homeware and gift fair Maison&Objet in Paris last week. See other new products launched at Maison&Objet here, including ice-cream coloured poufs and rugs by Patricia Urquiola, and colourful glassware by Scholten & Baijings for Hay.
- The Poor Man's Gold by Joost van Bleiswi…jk
- Salad Memos by Boyeon Oh
- Floating Garden by Benjamin Graindorge
- Scholten & Baijings carves geometric pat…terns into marble table collection
- Flow(t) glassware by Nao Tamura at Lumin…aire Lab
- Iris van Herpen exhibition at the Intern…ational Centre for Lace and Fashion
- Tip of the Tongue by Michael Anastassiad…es
- Debut collection from Clique combines el…ectronics with handcrafted marble and wood
- Totem by Boym Partners
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories