Maison&Objet 2013: Swedish designer Mattias Ståhlbom of TAF has created an uplighter for Danish brand Muuto that can be adjusted by rotating the shade.
Called Up, the product features a funnel-shaped shade that is lower at one side than the other and sits on a baring, allowing it to be rotated freely to alter the amount of light blocked.
“Up lamp mixes light and shadow to create a cosy and warm atmosphere anywhere it is placed," says Ståhlbom. "Through the profile of the lamp shade, Up elegantly interacts with the surrounding walls and ceiling."
The lamp features a replaceable warm LED bulb with a dimmer function. It's made of cast aluminium with a rubber switch at the back, above the flex, and comes in white, grey or green.
Up was launched at homeware and gift fair Maison&Objet in Paris last week. See other new products launched at Maison&Objet here, including ice-cream coloured poufs and rugs by Patricia Urquiola, and colourful glassware by Scholten & Baijings for Hay.
- Sebastian Bergne says bottoms up with ti…lting egg-shaped decanter
- Top Ten at the British Council in Milan
- "Customers grow old with our shoes, not …bored with them" - Tracey Neuls
- Semi-Rigid Car by Emergent
- Stacked Objects by Emiel Remmelts
- Vigoo by Wilda Wongso
- Campana Brothers at the V&A
- Growing Vases by Nendo for Lasvit
- Comradettes by Eldina Begic
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories