Maison&Objet 2013: Swedish designer Mattias Ståhlbom of TAF has created an uplighter for Danish brand Muuto that can be adjusted by rotating the shade.
Called Up, the product features a funnel-shaped shade that is lower at one side than the other and sits on a baring, allowing it to be rotated freely to alter the amount of light blocked.
“Up lamp mixes light and shadow to create a cosy and warm atmosphere anywhere it is placed," says Ståhlbom. "Through the profile of the lamp shade, Up elegantly interacts with the surrounding walls and ceiling."
The lamp features a replaceable warm LED bulb with a dimmer function. It's made of cast aluminium with a rubber switch at the back, above the flex, and comes in white, grey or green.
Up was launched at homeware and gift fair Maison&Objet in Paris last week. See other new products launched at Maison&Objet here, including ice-cream coloured poufs and rugs by Patricia Urquiola, and colourful glassware by Scholten & Baijings for Hay.
- Le Cube by Yves Béhar
- Bellows by Benjamin Hubert for Nava
- Tswana by Patty Johnson
- Funktionide by Stefan Ulrich
- Inserper-able by Rolf Sachs
- Get Lost collection by Tiago Volpato a…nd Gabriel F channels frustrations of young designers
- RGB by Carnovsky
- Heart Chair by Claesson Koivisto Rune …for David Design
- Parallel Architecture by James Thompso…n at Show RCA 2012
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories