Product news: these mirrors by London designer Mathias Hahn can be swivelled up and down with wooden handles sticking out the sides.
Mathias Hahn combined a classic hand mirror with a slim stand to create the Me mirror, which comes as a tall, freestanding design or a small tabletop version.
They're available in a range of colours and are now in production with Swedish homeware brand Asplund.
We previously featured Hahn's collection of coloured glass vessels inspired by making jam and a pendant lamp that clamps to its own flex, plus he discussed five examples of his work in a movie we filmed in Cologne in 2011 – see all designs by Mathias Hahn.
We also recently published a matte steel sink with a polished patch that acts as a looking glass and a mirror and vanity box that hang off a leather strap – see all mirrors.
Here's some more information from the designer:
A classic hand mirror held by a wooden handle. Being attached to a stand the mirror can be rotated and adjusted by both the axis of the handle and the vertical section of the stand. A plain and diverse to use mirror, reminiscent of historic mirror stands, that is located in bath rooms, dressing rooms or hallways, giving this product a rather independent and furniture related feel than a wall mounted vanity mirror.
The Me mirror family consists of two different sizes: one tall, floorstanding version and a smaller one for tables or sideboards. The mirrors are now in production with Swedish manufacturer ASPLUND and are available in a variety of colours.
Thinking of the typology of mirrors, the usual concept is either a wall hung piece or a hand held mirror sitting in a drawer. The idea for the 'ME' mirrors is, to turn the tool of the mirror itself into a product which is able to move into different areas of a domestic environment. Rather being treated as a a piece of occasional furniture than a product which is linked to singular location.
- Classic watches from Daniel Wellington w…ith striped Nato straps
- Gogoro launches electric smartscooter to… combat pollution in megacities
- Aluminium bowls by Fort Standard stand o…n fin-like legs
- Lex Pott's True Colours vases contrast o…xidised and polished finishes
- All Other Things Being Equal by Studio J…enk
- Platypus Chair, Bambi Chair, Crane Lamp …and Duck Lamp by Studio Juju
- Fornasetti II Collection for Cole & Son
- 10% off Dezeen Watch Store at The Tempor…ium plus win a Christmas goodie bag worth over £100
- Cabinet by Dimitri Vangrunderbeek
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories