Milan 2013: Japanese design studio Nendo presents a chair inspired by the spike heels on a pair of stilettos at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan.
Made from wood and lacquered in black, the Heel chair has two straight legs at the front, while the pair at the back are curved to meet the central section of a hollow backrest.
"The line of the back legs and their connection to the backrest give this chair the silhouette of a spike heel," explains Nendo.
Nendo is presenting a number of products in Milan this week, including a collection of furniture and homeware designed in collaboration with Luca Nichetto. The studio also recently refurbished the womenswear floor of Milanese department store La Rinascente.
Other designs on show at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile include an outdoor chair by Jasper Morrison and a set of colourful three-legged stools by Industrial Facility.
- Scholten & Baijings cut graphic patterns… into glassware for J Hill's Standard
- Tip Ton and Map Table by BarberOsgerby f…or Vitra
- Raw Edges installs dye-soaked wooden flo…or across 19th-century sculpture gallery
- New Swarovski chandeliers
- Semplice lamp by Industrial Facility for… Oluce
- Funambule by Patrick de Glo de Besses
- Andrea Rekalidis' ceramic desk-tidies ta…ke the form of Italian landmarks
- Log Table by Trust in Design
- Fou de Feu designs droplet-shaped tablew…are for Rhythm collection
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories