Milan 2013: Japanese design studio Nendo presents a chair inspired by the spike heels on a pair of stilettos at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan.
Made from wood and lacquered in black, the Heel chair has two straight legs at the front, while the pair at the back are curved to meet the central section of a hollow backrest.
"The line of the back legs and their connection to the backrest give this chair the silhouette of a spike heel," explains Nendo.
Nendo is presenting a number of products in Milan this week, including a collection of furniture and homeware designed in collaboration with Luca Nichetto. The studio also recently refurbished the womenswear floor of Milanese department store La Rinascente.
Other designs on show at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile include an outdoor chair by Jasper Morrison and a set of colourful three-legged stools by Industrial Facility.
- Eidos by Tim Bouckley, Millie Clive-Sm…ith, Mi Eun Kim and Yuta Sugawara
- Pebble-shaped Calming Stone is designe…d to help prevent panic attacks
- G-Star RAW and Vitra join forces to re…launch Jean Prouvé's 1940s office furniture
- Faceture by Phil Cuttance
- Runaway lamp by Nika Zupanc
- Dezeen presents: Menagerie at The Jone…s
- Pillow Play modular sex toys are desig…ned for personalised pleasure
- Sebastian Cox pairs coppiced chestnut …and ash for furniture collection
- New products by Conof.
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories