Milan 2013: Japanese design studio Nendo presents a chair inspired by the spike heels on a pair of stilettos at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan.
Made from wood and lacquered in black, the Heel chair has two straight legs at the front, while the pair at the back are curved to meet the central section of a hollow backrest.
"The line of the back legs and their connection to the backrest give this chair the silhouette of a spike heel," explains Nendo.
Nendo is presenting a number of products in Milan this week, including a collection of furniture and homeware designed in collaboration with Luca Nichetto. The studio also recently refurbished the womenswear floor of Milanese department store La Rinascente.
Other designs on show at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile include an outdoor chair by Jasper Morrison and a set of colourful three-legged stools by Industrial Facility.
- Ghost-like Architecture by Shingo Masuda… and Katsuhisa Otsubo Architects
- Cartoon characters perform a disco ritua…l in Fever the Ghost's Source music video
- Shades for Make Lamp by Hanieh Heidaraba…di can be custom 3D-printed
- C-X75 by Jaguar
- LEM wall lamps by Daniel Becker
- Ken Nakagaki's Comppass draws simple sha…pes from digital files
- Interview: BarberOsgerby on designing th…e Olympic Torch
- Dining Agenda by Sara Ferrari and Marcel…la Fiori
- Cork corner stops Ilias Ernst's minimal …clock from rolling away
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories