Milan 2013: Japanese design studio Nendo presents a chair inspired by the spike heels on a pair of stilettos at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan.
Made from wood and lacquered in black, the Heel chair has two straight legs at the front, while the pair at the back are curved to meet the central section of a hollow backrest.
"The line of the back legs and their connection to the backrest give this chair the silhouette of a spike heel," explains Nendo.
Nendo is presenting a number of products in Milan this week, including a collection of furniture and homeware designed in collaboration with Luca Nichetto. The studio also recently refurbished the womenswear floor of Milanese department store La Rinascente.
Other designs on show at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile include an outdoor chair by Jasper Morrison and a set of colourful three-legged stools by Industrial Facility.
- Designed in Hackney: Little Printerby BE…RG
- LEM wall lamps by Daniel Becker
- Francis Bitonti and New Skins Workshop s…tudents 3D-print flexible dress on a MakerBot
- Google Glass was designed through "sketc…hing by hand" says lead designer
- Dan Yeffet creates Torch floor light fro…m marble and glass
- Dyson launches "most powerful" vacuum cl…eaning robot
- Front at Design Indaba
- "Young designers have given up waiting t…o be spotted by a big producer" - Tom Dixon
- Normal timepieces by Ross McBride
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories