Milan 2013: Zaha Hadid folded a round sheet of plastic to create this chair for Italian brand Sawaya & Moroni (+ slideshow).
The single indigo-coloured sheet has been creased along two lines so the edges almost meet at the back, then bent in the middle to create the seat and backrest.
Edges that touch the floor have been levelled to stabilise the chair.
Scored bands follow the shape of the seat and curve around droplet shaped holes in each side.
Hadid was crowned businesswoman of the year at the Veuve Clicquot awards in London earlier this week.
- Volvo's reflective Life Paint turns bicy…cles and clothes into high-visibility objects
- Crate Cabinets by Pieke Bergmans
- AIR3 by USIN-e
- MQ10 by Urbanscreen
- Frost by Front for Stelton
- Fabrica blends international tableware s…tyles in collection for Atipico
- What Design Can Do offers 15% off ticket…s for Dezeen readers
- Colour Nativity by Sebastian Bergne
- Fattorini+Rizzini+Partners' MEET sofa co…mbines "sound absorption" with versatility
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories