Milan 2013: Zaha Hadid folded a round sheet of plastic to create this chair for Italian brand Sawaya & Moroni (+ slideshow).
The single indigo-coloured sheet has been creased along two lines so the edges almost meet at the back, then bent in the middle to create the seat and backrest.
Edges that touch the floor have been levelled to stabilise the chair.
Scored bands follow the shape of the seat and curve around droplet shaped holes in each side.
Hadid was crowned businesswoman of the year at the Veuve Clicquot awards in London earlier this week.
- Axis by Ramei Keum
- Parhelia by Asif Khan
- Tiffany Flowers by Ding3000
- Design Museum at New Designers
- Chrono Shredder by Susanna Hertrich
- Furniture by Axel Bjurström
- Mormor by Gry Fager for Normann Copenhag…en
- Dyson's first humidifier uses ultraviole…t light to kill bacteria
- Ronde Pendant by Oliver Schick for GUBI
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories