Milan 2013: Zaha Hadid folded a round sheet of plastic to create this chair for Italian brand Sawaya & Moroni (+ slideshow).
The single indigo-coloured sheet has been creased along two lines so the edges almost meet at the back, then bent in the middle to create the seat and backrest.
Edges that touch the floor have been levelled to stabilise the chair.
Scored bands follow the shape of the seat and curve around droplet shaped holes in each side.
Hadid was crowned businesswoman of the year at the Veuve Clicquot awards in London earlier this week.
- Roopuppet by Nendo
- Form Tea Set made of brass by Tom Dixon
- Cubist Vases by Boym Partners
- XO tablet by Yves Behar for One Laptop …Per Child
- Solid desk accessories by Magnus Petters…en
- Rewrite and Etagère de Coin at Ligne Ro…set Westend
- Daan Roosegaarde's Waterlicht installati…on mimics northern lights in Dutch skies
- Series Three and Soft Series by Another …Country
- Future Fashions exhibition by You Are He…re and Glamcult Studio
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories