Milan 2013: Zaha Hadid folded a round sheet of plastic to create this chair for Italian brand Sawaya & Moroni (+ slideshow).
The single indigo-coloured sheet has been creased along two lines so the edges almost meet at the back, then bent in the middle to create the seat and backrest.
Edges that touch the floor have been levelled to stabilise the chair.
Scored bands follow the shape of the seat and curve around droplet shaped holes in each side.
Hadid was crowned businesswoman of the year at the Veuve Clicquot awards in London earlier this week.
- The Poor Man's Gold by Joost van Bleiswi…jk
- WirePod by Joris Laarman
- Moustache in Milan
- Parlour Lighting by Donna Bates
- Interview with Kwangho Lee
- Blickfang designworkshop: designers
- Brogue Light by Daniel Schofield for Dea…dgood
- Dominic Wilcox's "car of the future" is …driverless and made of stained glass
- Mutagenesis by Arne Quinze
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories