Milan 2013: Zaha Hadid folded a round sheet of plastic to create this chair for Italian brand Sawaya & Moroni (+ slideshow).
The single indigo-coloured sheet has been creased along two lines so the edges almost meet at the back, then bent in the middle to create the seat and backrest.
Edges that touch the floor have been levelled to stabilise the chair.
Scored bands follow the shape of the seat and curve around droplet shaped holes in each side.
Hadid was crowned businesswoman of the year at the Veuve Clicquot awards in London earlier this week.
- WaterDream by Nendo for Axor
- Inaugural collection by RVW
- FaceOn by Boguslaw Sliwiński
- Révélateur installation by Mickaël …Wiesengrün recreates "smells of the past"
- Vague Clock by Sejoon Kim
- Breeze by HawaSoo
- Moss: Los Angeles
- The Bradley timepiece for blind people p…roves inclusive design has wide appeal
- Front for Moroso
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories