Product news: this armchair by London designer Benjamin Hubert weighs just three kilograms.
"The chair stems from research into the construction of tents and sports products with a focus on space frames and stretched textile," says Hubert.
The CNC-shaped framework is wrapped in a 3D-woven stretchy textile cover with integrated seat pads, fastened with zips.
"The combination of metal frame and padded textile allows Membrane to use a minimal amount of polyurethane foam – a conventional armchair would be covered almost entirely with foam – therefore reducing the carbon footprint of this type of product," Hubert adds.
The design was presented at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile in April.
- The Minerals Collection by Lazerian
- Cat Mckee at New Designers
- TZOA wearable environment tracker measur…es UV and air pollution
- Donna Wilson designs new tartan for Aber…deenshire
- Pornhub's Wankband "creates dirty energy…"
- Wrapping a Thonet Chair by Matthias Plie…ssnig
- Waldemeyer/Chalayan update
- Bertus by Alain Monnens
- Joints by Nathan Wierink
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories