Product news: this armchair by London designer Benjamin Hubert weighs just three kilograms.
"The chair stems from research into the construction of tents and sports products with a focus on space frames and stretched textile," says Hubert.
The CNC-shaped framework is wrapped in a 3D-woven stretchy textile cover with integrated seat pads, fastened with zips.
"The combination of metal frame and padded textile allows Membrane to use a minimal amount of polyurethane foam – a conventional armchair would be covered almost entirely with foam – therefore reducing the carbon footprint of this type of product," Hubert adds.
The design was presented at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile in April.
- Extrusion by Philippe Malouinfor Carwan …Gallery at Ventura Lambrate
- Alfredo Häberli for Quodes
- Pure by Jean Nouvel for Ruco Line
- Tint room dividers by Kristine Five Melv…ær
- Richard Hutten designs combined conferen…ce and ping pong table
- Flow 5.0 by Studio Roosegaarde
- New Pinterest board: Milan 2013
- "There's a huge burst of creativity" in …New York says Lindsey Adelman
- Primary Cabinet by Peter Jakubik
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories