A door and deep-framed window are set into the glass house-shaped facade of this cupcake shop in Taiwan by J.C. Architecture.
Taiwanese studio J.C. Architecture used the cake boxes as a starting point for the interior design. "We wanted to create a space that derives from the actual product itself," say the architects. "We took the idea of the gift packaging and studied the movement of folding."
Les Bebes Cupcakery has a house-shaped shop frontage that extends beyond the facade of the building with a floor-to-ceiling glass window, interrupted by a solid black doorway.
A black-framed box with a yellow interior pushes through the glass, acting as a display cabinet for the cupcakes.
Inside the shop, a line of small shelves appears to have folded out of the white walls like box lids, revealing squares of dark tiles behind.
Dark tiles are also used to border a raised bar area, which is lined with yellow and black stools.
We recently featured a beauty salon in Osaka that also has a house-shaped shop window.
- 2.MOOD by VLS Interior Architecture
- Materiality by Benjamin Hubert
- "The world today is becoming a little bi…t boring"
- New York Bar Oppenheimer by Tobias Rehbe…rger
- Nendo's store interiors for Theory are m…odelled on road systems
- Loft Access by Tamir Addadi Architecture
- Annakapelle Schladming by Hammerschmid P…achl Seebacher Architekten
- Suspended tables display bespoke fragran…ces at experimental perfume shop Ex Nihilo
- Flamingo Shanghai offices by Neri&Hu fea…ture raw concrete and angular meeting rooms
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories