A door and deep-framed window are set into the glass house-shaped facade of this cupcake shop in Taiwan by J.C. Architecture.
Taiwanese studio J.C. Architecture used the cake boxes as a starting point for the interior design. "We wanted to create a space that derives from the actual product itself," say the architects. "We took the idea of the gift packaging and studied the movement of folding."
Les Bebes Cupcakery has a house-shaped shop frontage that extends beyond the facade of the building with a floor-to-ceiling glass window, interrupted by a solid black doorway.
A black-framed box with a yellow interior pushes through the glass, acting as a display cabinet for the cupcakes.
Inside the shop, a line of small shelves appears to have folded out of the white walls like box lids, revealing squares of dark tiles behind.
Dark tiles are also used to border a raised bar area, which is lined with yellow and black stools.
We recently featured a beauty salon in Osaka that also has a house-shaped shop window.
- i29 converts Amsterdam garage into a sin…gle-storey apartment
- Wellcome Collection Club Room by Studioi…lse
- Singel by Laura Álvarez Architecture
- SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills by Philippe S…tarck
- The Farm Project by Mike Meiré at Desig…n Miami
- Fiat Lux by Label Architecture
- Kloke shop interior features copper clot…hes rails and wooden display units by Sibling
- Gitta Gschwendtner at Wellcome Collectio…n 1
- Bela Cintra 1235 by Triptyque
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories