Copenhagen designer Cecilie Manz has created a collection of aluminium lampshades with softly angled edges for Danish brand Lightyears.
Each is composed of a matt-lacquered aluminium shade and a white or grey textile cord.
An acrylic fixture sits snuggly within the top of the lampshade, allowing a soft light to seep gently upwards onto the cord.
The lamps are available in two sizes and six colours including white, nearly black, very grey, pale moss, light celadon and dusty limestone.
The lamps are named after American jazz musician and composer Charles Mingus.
Other pendant lamps we've recently featured on Dezeen include two monochrome lamps by Zaha Hadid, and a collection of small and colourful lamps made from recycled aluminium.
- Taste Condiment Set brings uniformity to… the dinner table
- Vertigo Lounge by AquiliAlberg
- Connected pedal protects bicycles from t…heft
- Work in Progress at the Royal College of… Art
- Max Lamb at Johnson Trading Gallery
- Phurniture shows Morel’s Computational… Chair
- Atelier van Lieshout at Giò Marconi, Mi…lan
- Juxtapose by Gluejeans for Droog
- Embroidery Chairs by Johan Lindstén
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories