Copenhagen designer Cecilie Manz has created a collection of aluminium lampshades with softly angled edges for Danish brand Lightyears.
Each is composed of a matt-lacquered aluminium shade and a white or grey textile cord.
An acrylic fixture sits snuggly within the top of the lampshade, allowing a soft light to seep gently upwards onto the cord.
The lamps are available in two sizes and six colours including white, nearly black, very grey, pale moss, light celadon and dusty limestone.
The lamps are named after American jazz musician and composer Charles Mingus.
Other pendant lamps we've recently featured on Dezeen include two monochrome lamps by Zaha Hadid, and a collection of small and colourful lamps made from recycled aluminium.
- Movie: pop-up tattoo parlour at Design M…iami
- Il Fiore di Novembre by Fabio Novembre
- "Kitchen design should be less masculine…" - Patricia Urquiola
- Ume-play and Karakusa-play ceramics by N…endo
- Tableware by Aldo Bakker
- Lean by Jenny Bäck
- "It's the most important week in the des…ign calendar"
- Taxi-Dermy Lenticular Prints by Joe Jin
- The Fluke by BarberOsgerby
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories