Copenhagen designer Cecilie Manz has created a collection of aluminium lampshades with softly angled edges for Danish brand Lightyears.
Each is composed of a matt-lacquered aluminium shade and a white or grey textile cord.
An acrylic fixture sits snuggly within the top of the lampshade, allowing a soft light to seep gently upwards onto the cord.
The lamps are available in two sizes and six colours including white, nearly black, very grey, pale moss, light celadon and dusty limestone.
The lamps are named after American jazz musician and composer Charles Mingus.
Other pendant lamps we've recently featured on Dezeen include two monochrome lamps by Zaha Hadid, and a collection of small and colourful lamps made from recycled aluminium.
- Delta by Inga Sempé for Tectona
- Nendo's one-year retrospective exhibitio…n opens in Milan
- Rotterdam Chair by Hella Jongerius
- 57 Series by Omer Arbel for Bocci
- Pecha Kucha at Clerkenwell Design Week o…n Thursday 24 May
- Thermal Till Paper Vessels by Philippe M…alouin
- Vitra Virus by Pieke Bergmans
- Upgrade by Tomas Kral
- Podcast talk: Alan Aldridge at the Desig…n Museum
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories