Copenhagen designer Cecilie Manz has created a collection of aluminium lampshades with softly angled edges for Danish brand Lightyears.
Each is composed of a matt-lacquered aluminium shade and a white or grey textile cord.
An acrylic fixture sits snuggly within the top of the lampshade, allowing a soft light to seep gently upwards onto the cord.
The lamps are available in two sizes and six colours including white, nearly black, very grey, pale moss, light celadon and dusty limestone.
The lamps are named after American jazz musician and composer Charles Mingus.
Other pendant lamps we've recently featured on Dezeen include two monochrome lamps by Zaha Hadid, and a collection of small and colourful lamps made from recycled aluminium.
- HM4 Thunderbolt by Maximilian Büsser
- Paul Cocksedge's Double O bike lights sl…ot securely around a D-lock
- Arper showcases Saya and Juno chairs at …new London showroom
- Dezeen and designjunction launch map of… West End Design Quarter 2014
- PXR-8 watch by Michael Young
- Marc Newson: from hand-welding aluminium… furniture to designing for Apple
- Cabinet Bestiarium at Vertigo Bird
- Dezeen Platform: Stewy
- Elastic Diamond by Nendo
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories