New York 2013: designers Young & Battaglia debuted a glass pendant lamp with a tiny chandelier inside for design brand Mineheart at ICCF last month.
A miniature brass chandelier sits within a hand-blown glass shade that is shaped like a light bulb but with an open bottom. Minute candles set on two tiers each give off a small glow.
Designed with chrome fittings, the lamp hangs from the ceiling on a two-metre-long braided cable. A longer cable can be supplied on request. The King Edison lamp is named after Thomas Edison, the inventor of the lightbulb, and references regal chandeliers.
Young & Battaglia have also designed wallpaper to turn any room into an Italian palazzo for Mineheart. Dezeen's most recent stories about lamps include a chalice-shaped set with concrete bases and terracotta table lights with conical shades.
Other products launched in New York included a tap by Philippe Starck that uses half the water of a regular faucet and an elongated chair with a faceted back. We travelled to New York design week for our Dezeen and MINI World Tour. Watch Stephen Burks give a tour of the city's High Line park here and see all our coverage of the event here.
- Vermis by Malene Hartmann Rasmussen
- Berlin celebrates "fall of the wall" ann…iversary with 8,000 glowing balloons
- Daniel Widrig creates wearable sculpture…s based on a 3D scan of the body
- Elevate by Gillian Westley for Joseph Jo…seph
- Dezeen Watch Store and friends at Interi…ors UK
- A3 Animals by Michael Schoner
- Nendo twists traditional details to enli…ven simple white shirts
- Coral chair by Ton Haas
- "Working for everybody is a waste of ene…rgy" - Hella Jongerius
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories