New York 2013: designers Young & Battaglia debuted a glass pendant lamp with a tiny chandelier inside for design brand Mineheart at ICCF last month.
A miniature brass chandelier sits within a hand-blown glass shade that is shaped like a light bulb but with an open bottom. Minute candles set on two tiers each give off a small glow.
Designed with chrome fittings, the lamp hangs from the ceiling on a two-metre-long braided cable. A longer cable can be supplied on request. The King Edison lamp is named after Thomas Edison, the inventor of the lightbulb, and references regal chandeliers.
Young & Battaglia have also designed wallpaper to turn any room into an Italian palazzo for Mineheart. Dezeen's most recent stories about lamps include a chalice-shaped set with concrete bases and terracotta table lights with conical shades.
Other products launched in New York included a tap by Philippe Starck that uses half the water of a regular faucet and an elongated chair with a faceted back. We travelled to New York design week for our Dezeen and MINI World Tour. Watch Stephen Burks give a tour of the city's High Line park here and see all our coverage of the event here.
- Skitsch launches in Milan
- Tenda by Benjamin Hubert at designjuncti…on
- Ofon by Nendo for Kokuyo
- Izabela Bołoz designs two-legged bench …to lean against walls
- Asia's Tallest Mural by Hendrik Beikirch
- Rick Owens extends footwear range for Ad…idas
- Post Fossil at 21_21 Design Sight
- Vitra Design Museum hosts Alvar Aalto re…trospective
- Typefaces by Wim Crouwel for The Foundry
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories