News: Ikea has announced that it is to produce miniature versions of some of its most popular products for children to play with.
The set of doll's house furniture is called Huset and features the Klippan sofa, Lack table, Expedit shelving unit and Vago chair.
It will be available from the beginning of August, when Ikea launches its 2014 catalogue, and will be priced at £12.
Packaging for the petite products features illustrations of interior items such as clocks and picture frames that can be cut out and used as a backdrop.
Ikea's children's business leader Carol McSeveney told the Evening Telegraph that research shows "lots of kids want to create doll's houses for their toys that reflect their own homes – furnished in a more modern style, with plenty of space to store all the accessories, of course."
Last week, Ikea founder Ingvar Kamprad resigned from the company's board, saying that Ikea was undergoing a "generational shift" – see all stories about Ikea.
- Cabinet Bestiarium at Vertigo Bird
- Flow2 kitchen by Studio Gorm
- Post Fossil at 21_21 Design Sight
- Designed in Hackney: Offset by Tomás Al…onso
- Colored-pencil table by Nendo
- Normal timepieces by Ross McBride
- Hippo and Potamus by Mia Gammelgaard for… Blå Station
- Dezeen's top 10 installations of 2014
- Cornell Boxes by Alison Smithson for Tec…ta
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories