News: Ikea has announced that it is to produce miniature versions of some of its most popular products for children to play with.
The set of doll's house furniture is called Huset and features the Klippan sofa, Lack table, Expedit shelving unit and Vago chair.
It will be available from the beginning of August, when Ikea launches its 2014 catalogue, and will be priced at £12.
Packaging for the petite products features illustrations of interior items such as clocks and picture frames that can be cut out and used as a backdrop.
Ikea's children's business leader Carol McSeveney told the Evening Telegraph that research shows "lots of kids want to create doll's houses for their toys that reflect their own homes – furnished in a more modern style, with plenty of space to store all the accessories, of course."
Last week, Ikea founder Ingvar Kamprad resigned from the company's board, saying that Ikea was undergoing a "generational shift" – see all stories about Ikea.
- New collection aims to take Habitat "bac…k to what it was many years ago"
- I nibbled Britain out of Jaffa Cakes by …Dominic Wilcox
- Paddling Home by Kacey Wong
- Chimney by Benjamin Hubert for Viaduct
- Fading Desk by Thijmen van der Steen
- Feathers and plumage in fashion celebrat…ed at Antwerp exhibition
- Holzbank by Thomas Schnur
- Ideas wanted for a more cycle-friendly L…ondon
- FALT.series by Tim Mackerodt
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories