French designers Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec sent us this exclusive movie showing the spinning cork platforms of their Quiet Motion installation they presented in Milan in April.
Blue strips of fabric circled the carousels and the platforms were covered in leather, referencing materials used in car design.
Aim lamps designed by the duo hung from the ceilings and shone through the fabric to create patterns when it was dark.
The installation aimed to provide a quiet and relaxing environment for visitors, similar to driving an electric car. It was exhibited at the Facoltà Teologica dell’Italia Settentrionale in Milan - find out more in our previous story.
An exhibition of work by the Bouroullec brothers is currently on show at Les Arts Décoratifs museum in Paris.
The film was directed by Juriaan Booij.
- Cars of the future could evolve and muta…te "like biology"
- 60Bag by Katarzyna Okinczyc and Remigius…z Truchanowicz
- 5mm launches collection of top-heavy tab…les
- Tom Dixon to launch metal home and offic…e accessories in Paris
- Single Person Cooker by Alex Bradley
- Design Museum Collection App: kitchenwar…e
- Collective Works by Mischer'Traxler
- Confession by Nick Ross
- CraftDesign by OKOLO
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories