French designers Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec sent us this exclusive movie showing the spinning cork platforms of their Quiet Motion installation they presented in Milan in April.
Blue strips of fabric circled the carousels and the platforms were covered in leather, referencing materials used in car design.
Aim lamps designed by the duo hung from the ceilings and shone through the fabric to create patterns when it was dark.
The installation aimed to provide a quiet and relaxing environment for visitors, similar to driving an electric car. It was exhibited at the Facoltà Teologica dell’Italia Settentrionale in Milan - find out more in our previous story.
An exhibition of work by the Bouroullec brothers is currently on show at Les Arts Décoratifs museum in Paris.
The film was directed by Juriaan Booij.
- Swarovski Ginza store by Tokujin Yoshiok…a 2
- The Foetus Project by Jorge Lopes Dos Sa…ntos
- DesignTide in Tokyo 2007 details
- Take2 by Rolf Sachs
- Muller Van Severen to present new furnit…ure at Viaduct exhibition
- Menu's homeware collection avoids "anyth…ing crazy coloured or hyper trendy"
- Design Museum drops Designer of Year sho…w
- Crate Cabinets by Pieke Bergmans
- Stacking trays by Frederik Roijé form o…verlapping grid patterns
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories