French designers Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec sent us this exclusive movie showing the spinning cork platforms of their Quiet Motion installation they presented in Milan in April.
Blue strips of fabric circled the carousels and the platforms were covered in leather, referencing materials used in car design.
Aim lamps designed by the duo hung from the ceilings and shone through the fabric to create patterns when it was dark.
The installation aimed to provide a quiet and relaxing environment for visitors, similar to driving an electric car. It was exhibited at the Facoltà Teologica dell’Italia Settentrionale in Milan - find out more in our previous story.
An exhibition of work by the Bouroullec brothers is currently on show at Les Arts Décoratifs museum in Paris.
The film was directed by Juriaan Booij.
- Clarissa Hood armchair and chair by Patr…icia Urquiola for Moroso
- Sushi by Edward van Vliet
- Mr Chocolate Moustaches by Diego Ramos
- Tied-Up Pendant Lamp by Vitamin
- Dezeen's green design selection in the I…ndependent on Sunday
- Artek Pavilion by Shigeru Ban
- Psychomoulages by Olivier Peyricot
- Ronde Pendant by Oliver Schick for GUBI
- N-Light Membrane by Numen/For Use contai…ns an infinite grid of light
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories