Product news: this modular shelving is built from tessellating coffin-shaped blocks that can also be used as stools or tables.
The lightweight system is made from expanded polypropylene, which Movisi claim is completely non-toxic. "Build is stylish, functional, 100% recyclable and actually safe enough to eat," says brand founder Natascha Stojanovic.
Triangular clips slot into the backs of each module to hold them together, making it easy to create various freestanding assemblies.
When dismantled, the shelving can be used as temporary seating, individual transport boxes, or as small tables.
The Build shelves come in either smooth black or textured white finishes.
Movisi previously launched an adjustable shelving system with British designer Peter Marigold, entitled Make/Shift.
Other dual-purpose shelving featured on Dezeen includes a brightly coloured table and chair integrated between the shelves of a bookcase and a bookshelf that has been combined with a lamp. See more shelving design »
- The Tank by Pharrell Williams
- iD Cutlery by Ineke Hans
- Recent work by Kelly McCallum
- Function follows form in Bruno Schilli…nger's Unidentiﬁed products collection
- Bosco by Andrea Branzi for Superego
- Snøhetta entices bees into Oslo with …honey-coloured Vulkan Beehives
- Designed in Hackney: Living Room by Gi…tta Gschwendtner
- Bare Conductive Kits at Dezeen Super S…tore
- Clover by Brodie Neill for Kundalini
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories