Product news: this modular shelving is built from tessellating coffin-shaped blocks that can also be used as stools or tables.
The lightweight system is made from expanded polypropylene, which Movisi claim is completely non-toxic. "Build is stylish, functional, 100% recyclable and actually safe enough to eat," says brand founder Natascha Stojanovic.
Triangular clips slot into the backs of each module to hold them together, making it easy to create various freestanding assemblies.
When dismantled, the shelving can be used as temporary seating, individual transport boxes, or as small tables.
The Build shelves come in either smooth black or textured white finishes.
Movisi previously launched an adjustable shelving system with British designer Peter Marigold, entitled Make/Shift.
Other dual-purpose shelving featured on Dezeen includes a brightly coloured table and chair integrated between the shelves of a bookcase and a bookshelf that has been combined with a lamp. See more shelving design »
- House of Furniture Parts by Studio Makki…nk & Bey
- Note Design Studio and Norm Architects d…esign patchwork marble tables for Menu
- Cube 6 by Naho Matsuno
- Minimal Work Station by Fredrik Paulsen
- Bird Song with a Found Feather by Martin… Smith/Laikingland
- Book cover refuses to open for judgmenta…l readers
- Konstantin Grcic designs glass furniture… with moving parts for Galerie Kreo show
- Units for Reconstruction by Miguel Vieir…a Baptista
- Stackle modular shelving system designed… by THINKK Studio
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories