London Design Festival 2013: Norwegian design firm Hunting & Narud is exhibiting a range of large pivoting copper mirrors with stone bases in London during the London Design Festival, which starts on Saturday (+ slideshow).
The Copper Mirrors Series by London based Norwegian design duo Amy Hunting and Oscar Narud of Hunting & Narud consists of a range of polished circular copper discs that are attached to mild steel frames.
The pivoting mirrors can be spun 180 degrees and each mirror has a large grey stone positioned at the base.
Hunting and Narud have said that the mirrors were "inspired by the visual language and movement of the different elements of the solar system."
The mirrors were originally conceived for Fashion Scandinavia at Somerset House earlier this year, during London Fashion Week 2013. They are on display at Gallery Libby Sellers in London until 5 October 2013 and feature as a pre-cursor to London Design Festival 2013, which is open from 14 to 22 September.
Other mirrors featured on Dezeen recently include two-way mirrors that reflect vinyl stripes covering the walls of an art gallery and a huge mirror installation where people appear to be scaling the walls of a London townhouse.
Photographs are by Gideon Hart, courtesy of Gallery Libby Sellers.
- Drawings on the London Olympics by Clo…’e Floirat at Dezeen Super Store
- Font Alphabet Puzzle by Looodus
- Zaha Hadid extends Liquid Glacial furn…iture collection
- Tafelstukken by Daphna Isaacs and Laur…ens Manders
- ÉCAL students examine the selfie at P…hotoBooth exhibition
- Borselius attempts to perfect traditio…nal street lighting with Halo
- Z-Boat by Zaha Hadid
- A Dolls' House by David Adjaye, Zaha H…adid, FAT, dRMM and others
- Neri Oxman creates wearable 3D-printed… structures for interplanetary voyages
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories