London Design Festival 2013: Norwegian design firm Hunting & Narud is exhibiting a range of large pivoting copper mirrors with stone bases in London during the London Design Festival, which starts on Saturday (+ slideshow).
The Copper Mirrors Series by London based Norwegian design duo Amy Hunting and Oscar Narud of Hunting & Narud consists of a range of polished circular copper discs that are attached to mild steel frames.
The pivoting mirrors can be spun 180 degrees and each mirror has a large grey stone positioned at the base.
Hunting and Narud have said that the mirrors were "inspired by the visual language and movement of the different elements of the solar system."
The mirrors were originally conceived for Fashion Scandinavia at Somerset House earlier this year, during London Fashion Week 2013. They are on display at Gallery Libby Sellers in London until 5 October 2013 and feature as a pre-cursor to London Design Festival 2013, which is open from 14 to 22 September.
Other mirrors featured on Dezeen recently include two-way mirrors that reflect vinyl stripes covering the walls of an art gallery and a huge mirror installation where people appear to be scaling the walls of a London townhouse.
Photographs are by Gideon Hart, courtesy of Gallery Libby Sellers.
- The Changing Room by UNStudio
- Silestone Slab Vases by Form Us With Lov…e for Cosentino
- Just About Now by Maarten Baas with Laik…ingland
- Tuomas Markunpoika mills coloured pencil…s to create Amalgamated vases
- London design shop Folklore launches Cor…e Collection
- Maxime Loiseau's streamlined headphones …feature printed electronics
- SCP at Maison & Objet
- Rubber Stool by h220430
- Brain scanning could be used to design "…scientifically perfect" products
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories