Morrison and Kumano created the December chair for Finnish manufacturer Nikari. The firm commissioned designers to produce a wooden product or piece of furniture for each day of the month as part of its 12 Designs for Nature project, which also featured work by Alfredo Häberli, Martí Guixé and Harri Koskinen.
The chair comprises an ash wood frame and a linen seat and backrest. It is intended to work in a country home, city apartment or hotel lobby, according to the designers.
Morrison and Kumano wanted to create a chair that could be bought in a box and built at home by following simple instructions.
"The core of the design is the seat frame which is already assembled, to which the legs and backrest structure are attached with a combination of screwing and gluing," Morrison explained.
"It's a basic but comfortable low chair with a slightly rural character and definite Scandinavian influence," he added.
Photography is by Chikako Harada.
- The Panther by Volido
- Mushroom-based modelling kit allows user…s to grow their own designs
- When I Was Small by Tineke Beunders
- HSBC Private Bank Lounge by Campana Brot…hers
- Different glasses stack together in Ding…3000's La Famiglia set
- Najah, Lazara and Ilham by Anne-Cécile …Rappa
- Daniel Becker Design Studio creates furn…iture from transportation pallets
- Olafur Eliasson's tears used to make hum…an cheese
- Rough & Smooth collection by Tom Dixon
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories