Morrison and Kumano created the December chair for Finnish manufacturer Nikari. The firm commissioned designers to produce a wooden product or piece of furniture for each day of the month as part of its 12 Designs for Nature project, which also featured work by Alfredo Häberli, Martí Guixé and Harri Koskinen.
The chair comprises an ash wood frame and a linen seat and backrest. It is intended to work in a country home, city apartment or hotel lobby, according to the designers.
Morrison and Kumano wanted to create a chair that could be bought in a box and built at home by following simple instructions.
"The core of the design is the seat frame which is already assembled, to which the legs and backrest structure are attached with a combination of screwing and gluing," Morrison explained.
"It's a basic but comfortable low chair with a slightly rural character and definite Scandinavian influence," he added.
Photography is by Chikako Harada.
- Anna Czaniecka shapes kettle like mugs t…o save water when making tea
- Family Bench by Valentin Garal for Le Po…rc-Shop
- Pi Watch by Ben McCarthy for Workshopped
- The Hu-Mannequin Project by Studio Nminu…sOne
- Cut Attachez by Shay Alkalay
- A Quiet Celebration by Morie Nishimura
- Oke collection by Nendo
- Naomi Kizhner's jewellery collection har…vests energy from the human body
- Please by Jasper Morrison at Dezeen Watc…h Store
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories