The Sheraton Huzhou Hot Spring Resort comprises a pair of matching 27-storey towers that are connected on the upper levels to form a smoothly curving arch across the water.
Ma Yansong of MAD designed the building for the Sheraton hotels chain, which was responsible for the interior fit out. A total of 282 guest rooms are contained inside, while additional villas and guest facilities are housed within several accompanying buildings.
Some rooms are already available, but the building will officially open in December - read more about the project in our earlier story.
Photography is by Xia Zhi.
- Koç Primary School swimming pool by Erg…inoglu & Çalışlar and IND [Inter.National.Design]
- Kensington Lighthouse by Tandem Design S…tudio
- Snøhetta's revamped Hudøy boathouse of…fers shelter to summer campers
- SH House by BaksvanWengerden
- RIBA President's Medals Student Awards 2…008
- Fujitsubo by Archivision Hirotani Studio
- Gallery Orsta by Claesson Koivisto Rune
- Knoll Ridge Cafe by Harris Butt Architec…ture
- Kosovo Pavilion explores "erasure of reg…ional identity" with spiky tower installation
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories