The Sheraton Huzhou Hot Spring Resort comprises a pair of matching 27-storey towers that are connected on the upper levels to form a smoothly curving arch across the water.
Ma Yansong of MAD designed the building for the Sheraton hotels chain, which was responsible for the interior fit out. A total of 282 guest rooms are contained inside, while additional villas and guest facilities are housed within several accompanying buildings.
Some rooms are already available, but the building will officially open in December - read more about the project in our earlier story.
Photography is by Xia Zhi.
- Netzwerkarchitekten completes community …centre with a zigzagging golden roof
- Key projects by Sou Fujimoto photographe…d by Edmund Sumner
- Paul Smith Albemarle Street store facade… by 6a Architects
- Lightwell House by Kimizuka Architects
- Greenpix media wall by Simone Giostra & …Partners 2
- Thomas Heatherwick wins British Shanghai… Expo Pavilion competition
- Steinmetzdemeyer stacks wooden blocks to… form low-energy office building
- Kaohsiung Port Terminal by Reiser + Umem…oto
- Key Projects by Wang Shu
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories