The Sheraton Huzhou Hot Spring Resort comprises a pair of matching 27-storey towers that are connected on the upper levels to form a smoothly curving arch across the water.
Ma Yansong of MAD designed the building for the Sheraton hotels chain, which was responsible for the interior fit out. A total of 282 guest rooms are contained inside, while additional villas and guest facilities are housed within several accompanying buildings.
Some rooms are already available, but the building will officially open in December - read more about the project in our earlier story.
Photography is by Xia Zhi.
- Maccreanor Lavington overhauls Amsterdam…'s Kraaiennest metro station
- Dezeen Screen: Cultural Centre in Tirana… by BIG
- House of the Infinite by Alberto Campo B…aeza designed as "a jetty facing out to sea"
- Drones can "collaborate to build archite…ctural structures"
- Movie: Batemans Row by Theis and Khan Ar…chitects
- Cathedral of the Northern Lights by Schm…idt Hammer Lassen and Link Arkitektur
- NYC gets first Grimshaw bus stop
- Water Villa by Framework Architecten and… Studio Prototype
- Hiding in Triangles by Philip Modest Sch…ambelan and Anton Fromm
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories