The designer's outdoor furniture consists of chunky wooden planks painted bright red and sits on the hotel's roof terrace.
Seating for the interior of the inn includes a traditional rocker with tapered legs and a slanted recliner called Get Your Feet Up.
"From the start I thought, whatever I do has to fit the island, its history and its people," Hans told Dezeen. "The way things used to be made there in the old days was playful and practical at the same time."
The wooden furniture is painted in colours taken from existing Fogo Island interiors and textiles. "I wanted to design furniture that the makers would also feel proud of and connected to," said the designer.
Hans has also designed public seating scattered around the island, referencing local wooden structures and fencing to form six benches connected together in a zig-zag shape.
Fogo Island Inn was designed by Norwegian architecture studio Saunders Architecture as a hotel and gallery on stilts.
The picturesque island is dotted with artists' studios and cabins as part of an ongoing arts residency programme being established in Newfoundland - see a slideshow of them here.
- Wonder Wall at Selfridges
- Latis collection by Omvivo
- Money bowls by Arthur Analts and Rudolph… Strelis
- Dezeen Watch Store summer sale: save £5…0 on VOID V02 watches
- Tea Sets by Christine Misiak
- Everlastingblast by Pippo Lionni
- André Fu creates "modern Asian" install…ation for COS presentation in Hong Kong
- Marcel Wanders in Milan
- Saint Laurent opens new flagship store i…n Paris
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories