Wire baskets cradle balls of light to create these lamps by Barcelona designer Martín Azú.
Martín Azúa's Light Container pendant lamps comprise black metal baskets that each hold a diffused glass lightbulb. "A mass of light inside a metallic basket seems like it is floating," said the designer.
Suspended using invisible string, the lamps appear to be supported by the curving black electrical cord.
The black baskets tilt upwards so the rounded bulbs don't roll out of the holes in the top.
The lamp comes in three different sizes and is part of a limited edition of five thousand units.
Here is some more information from the designer:
A mass of light inside a metallic basket seems like it is floating. Light is immaterial, but at the same time lamps are also objects. In this case we treat light as something with weight and volume. It is made in three different sizes that can be hung individually or in groups of two or three.
The glass diffuser generates a nice warm dim light with soft shadows, suitable for restaurant tables, counters, receptions, meeting and working tables. Its sculptural character allows the personalisation of singular halls, stairwells.
- Pylon by Marcus Abrahamsson and Kristoff…er Fagerström for Nola
- "Working for everybody is a waste of ene…rgy" - Hella Jongerius
- Maxim Velcovsky ceramics at Mint
- West End Design Quarter "promotes design… in the heart of central London"
- Leaf by Broberg & Ridderstråle for Muut…o
- Sparkle by Tokujin Yoshioka for Kartell
- Kranen/Gille at Gallery Fumi
- Neck Frame by Andrew McConnell could be …worn like "a structural second skin"
- Neo Collection by Made.com
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories