Wire baskets cradle balls of light to create these lamps by Barcelona designer Martín Azú.
Martín Azúa's Light Container pendant lamps comprise black metal baskets that each hold a diffused glass lightbulb. "A mass of light inside a metallic basket seems like it is floating," said the designer.
Suspended using invisible string, the lamps appear to be supported by the curving black electrical cord.
The black baskets tilt upwards so the rounded bulbs don't roll out of the holes in the top.
The lamp comes in three different sizes and is part of a limited edition of five thousand units.
Here is some more information from the designer:
A mass of light inside a metallic basket seems like it is floating. Light is immaterial, but at the same time lamps are also objects. In this case we treat light as something with weight and volume. It is made in three different sizes that can be hung individually or in groups of two or three.
The glass diffuser generates a nice warm dim light with soft shadows, suitable for restaurant tables, counters, receptions, meeting and working tables. Its sculptural character allows the personalisation of singular halls, stairwells.
- Paul Crofts launches Cu29 pendant light …based on copper pastry-cutting tools
- 11 Boxes by Studio Vit
- Front win Designer of the Future Award
- Pin Pres by OOO My Design
- Dominic Wilcox's "car of the future" is …driverless and made of stained glass
- Air Sundae by A+A cooren
- Cut it Out by Noma Bar at Outline Editio…ns
- Constructive by Form Us With Love
- Rooftop fish and chip shop by Something …& Son is (slowly) growing its own produce
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories