This floor lamp by Japanese designer Yasutoshi Mifune leans backwards to cast light at an angle.
The SOSO lamp by Mifune Design Studio is made of sheet steel. It has a triangulated base that tapers as it rises into a bent-over pyramid with one curved edge, which allows the lamp to tilt at an angle of 30 degrees.
"I wanted to make a floor lamp which has different forms depending on the angles and directions in which it is seen, by changing its inclination," Mifune told Dezeen. "When this lamp is used, the lamp's body, the floor and the ceiling are lit by the reflection of its own light."
A cylindrical lamp shade is supported off-centre at the top and contains a fluorescent light source.
- Y Collection by A+A Cooren for La Redout…e
- Dezeen Watch Store January sale
- Essentiel de Pâtisserie by Matali Crass…et and Pierre Hermé
- Peg by Studio Gorm
- Delicious by Mathieu Lehanneur
- Dezeen Live movie series
- Muka Design Lab's Reves Chair has a back…rest "like a shirt collar"
- Costumes by Gwen van den Eijnde
- R¿ng by Sruli Recht
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories