An Alpine choir pivoted on hydraulic platforms as part of French fashion house Moncler's Autumn Winter 2014 presentation at New York Fashion Week, which concludes today (+ movie).
Members of the ten-piece Pendulum Choir stood on small platforms and were strapped to the mechanisms around the torso, legs and feet as they sang an updated version of a traditional Alpine song.
Dressed in down-filled morning suits, the nine singers and one conductor tilted in various directions as pistons behind their backs and under their feet contracted and expanded.
Behind them, sixty male and female choir members dressed in black and white Moncler outfits stood in rectangular boxes stacked four levels high.
Each box was illuminated around the edges, separated from each other so they appeared to float in the darkened theatre.
Lights shining on the choir members flashed as the larger collective joined in singing with the smaller group.
The presentation took place on 8 February during New York Fashion Week, which finishes today.
- WOKmedia show at Design Miami
- Rubber Stool by h220430
- Flux by Jerszy Seymour for Magis
- Vision EfﬁcientDynamics by BMW
- The SOL Dome by Loop.pH
- Menu's homeware collection avoids "anyth…ing crazy coloured or hyper trendy"
- Nendo reimagines the Navy Chair to creat…e new stool for Emeco
- Classic watches from Daniel Wellington w…ith striped Nato straps
- Unexpected Welcome sketches by Moooi
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories