The Bucketlight features two LED lights situated and sealed at the bottom of two plant pots joined together. A reinforced electrical cable is then used to hang the Bucketlight from the ceiling.
"Because we did not have enough floor space at our office and showroom, and were in desperate need of light, the Bucketlight was born," explained Vos.
The combination of light and plant life then gave rise to a novel way of distributing electricity throughout the designer’s office and showroom in s’-Hertogenbosch, 30 kilometres outside Eindhoven.
"We created sockets in the objects, enabling us to connect our computers and our workstations, avoiding heaps of tangled cords," the designer said.
The result is the Powercube. This variant of the Bucketlight features a multi-plug adaptor attached to the pot via a 1.5-metre-long electrical cord.
Each Bucketlight is made from cast aluminium and covered in a textured green powder-coating. They are in use at the designer's own studio and available through their website.
Photography is by Rene van der Hulst.
- Curt deck chair by Bernhard Burkard
- Richard Hutten designs combined conferen…ce and ping pong table
- "There's a return to the commerce of the… fair"
- Corbeille by Amaury Poudray for Fabrica
- Library bus by Muungano
- New Gehry door handles
- Massimo Uberti sculpts neon tubes into a… room for Bentley
- Victorian Grandfather Chair and Chippend…ale Writing Desk by Adam Rowe
- Costumes by Gwen van den Eijnde
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories