Dutch designer Daniel Hulsbergen created this intricate lamp from materials similar to those he used as a child to make model gliders.
"The materials used for building model gliders have some unique properties," he said. "They are extremely light and very strong for their weight."
The inner layer framing the light bulb is covered with a soft white canvas used for spanning model aircraft wings, which diffuses the light.
The outer layer forms a cage-like structure with a small section on each of the four sides also covered with fabric.
When light shines through the lamp, the frame creates shadow patterns on the ceiling and walls.
- Rattan backrest curves around Hiroomi …Tahara's Wrap sofa
- Asimov's First Law scales by Alice Wan…g
- Patricia Urquiola adds grid-based patt…erns to architectural glass
- Heinz Beanz Flavour Experience by Bomp…as & Parr
- Designers of the future at Design Miam…i/Basel
- Synchronicity Island by Jakub Szczęsn…y
- Trufa by Anton García-Abril
- Field of Light by Bruce Munro
- Family by Kaman Tung
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories