Dutch designer Daniel Hulsbergen created this intricate lamp from materials similar to those he used as a child to make model gliders.
"The materials used for building model gliders have some unique properties," he said. "They are extremely light and very strong for their weight."
The inner layer framing the light bulb is covered with a soft white canvas used for spanning model aircraft wings, which diffuses the light.
The outer layer forms a cage-like structure with a small section on each of the four sides also covered with fabric.
When light shines through the lamp, the frame creates shadow patterns on the ceiling and walls.
- KDDI shows new Fukasawa prototype
- David Adjaye pavilion unveiled
- Blobwall by Greg Lynn
- Artek launches bamboo furniture
- A Bit of Rough by Tom Dixon
- .ORI sto by Jakub Piotr Kalinowski
- Cleanliness is next to Godliness by Stud…io Makkink & Bey
- Lightworks by Marcus Tremonto 2
- Sam Buxton shows at Kinetica
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories