Dutch designer Daniel Hulsbergen created this intricate lamp from materials similar to those he used as a child to make model gliders.
"The materials used for building model gliders have some unique properties," he said. "They are extremely light and very strong for their weight."
The inner layer framing the light bulb is covered with a soft white canvas used for spanning model aircraft wings, which diffuses the light.
The outer layer forms a cage-like structure with a small section on each of the four sides also covered with fabric.
When light shines through the lamp, the frame creates shadow patterns on the ceiling and walls.
- MoMA Design Store presents Kickstarter-f…unded products at New York Design Week
- P-Tree by Aandeboom
- New work at Established & Sons
- The Grass Is Always Greener on the Other… Side of the Fence by Christian Vivanco
- WWIII by Atelier Van Lieshout for Lensve…lt
- Piet Hein Eek at Cibone
- Bumper Bed by Marc Newson for Domeau & P…érès
- 107 Chair by Robert Stadler for Thonet
- Outlined silk layers fold across dresses… by Christopher Kane
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories