Dutch designer Daniel Hulsbergen created this intricate lamp from materials similar to those he used as a child to make model gliders.
"The materials used for building model gliders have some unique properties," he said. "They are extremely light and very strong for their weight."
The inner layer framing the light bulb is covered with a soft white canvas used for spanning model aircraft wings, which diffuses the light.
The outer layer forms a cage-like structure with a small section on each of the four sides also covered with fabric.
When light shines through the lamp, the frame creates shadow patterns on the ceiling and walls.
- Marcel Wanders for Quodes
- Catchbowl by Torafu Architects
- Drone Shadows by James Bridle evoke the …presence of unmanned aircraft
- Stamps by Richard Hutten
- My Way talks: unfold
- Ear Chair by Studio Makkink & Bey
- Graham Fan's graduate fashion collection… evokes metallic pan scourers
- Laputa by Outofstock
- Point and Dot by David Taylor at 20 Desi…gners at Biologiska
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories