The chair aims to recreate the feeling that Pascal, the protagonist of 1950s film Le Ballon Rouge, has when a cluster of balloons carried him over Paris, rescuing him from a group of bullies.
Whereas the bench was suspended from four anchor points in a ceiling to maintain the illusion of flight, the chair fixes to a wall.
The leather-covered seat is made from fibre-reinforced plastic, steel and urethane, while the balloons are made from fibre-reinforced plastic and cord, meaning they cannot be deflated.
The designers will be showing the Balloon Chair at Ventura Lambrate from 8 to 12 April, during Milan's design week.
- Ai Weiwei's Forever Bicycles installed… at Palazzo Franchetti in Venice
- New S14-1 Collection by Nixon is now a…vailable at Dezeen Watch Store
- Roots by Kai Linke
- Sonja Rohleder animates natural disast…ers for Keimzeit music video
- Bikers Rest by Marcus Abrahamsson for …Nola
- Easy Reader by Nils Holger Moormann
- Grillage by Francois Azambourg for Lig…ne Roset
- Buckinghamshire New University at erco…l
- Form Tea Set made of brass by Tom Dixo…n
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories