The chair aims to recreate the feeling that Pascal, the protagonist of 1950s film Le Ballon Rouge, has when a cluster of balloons carried him over Paris, rescuing him from a group of bullies.
Whereas the bench was suspended from four anchor points in a ceiling to maintain the illusion of flight, the chair fixes to a wall.
The leather-covered seat is made from fibre-reinforced plastic, steel and urethane, while the balloons are made from fibre-reinforced plastic and cord, meaning they cannot be deflated.
The designers will be showing the Balloon Chair at Ventura Lambrate from 8 to 12 April, during Milan's design week.
- Table and pouffe hybrid designed by GamF…ratesi for Ligne Roset
- Dezeen Live movie series
- Netscape by Konstantin Grcic at Design M…iami/
- Madrid installs moon-themed Christmas li…ghts
- Upside Down by TAF for Hay
- Lighting by e15 to debut in Milan
- Victorian Grandfather Chair and Chippend…ale Writing Desk by Adam Rowe
- Please by Jasper Morrison at Dezeen Watc…h Store
- Ross Lovegrove designs 3D-printed gold j…ewellery
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories