The Radar Easy chair collection was created for the Italian furniture company Casamania and consists of four pieces, the largest being a chair with a winged back rest designed to create a "radar" effect between two people facing each other.
"The backs create different levels of privacy like a room-within-a-room," Mårten Claesson from Claesson Koivisto Rune told Dezeen. "The largest and widest back also creates a personal space and silence for the sitter. In a facing pair, your conversation is contained between the two "radars"."
Each chair has been cast into an upholstered foam-frame with an optional swivel base. They come in various colours and fabrics – including leather – depending on the client's preferences.
Mårten Claesson said the chairs were "not limited for contract use" and could be used in either a home or an office, in breakout rooms or lobbies.
They are on show in Hall 16 Stand D 39 in Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan this week.
- Standard fragrance by Artek and Comme de…s Garçons
- Gorge by Ramei Keum
- H-supplies Kit by Dialoguemethod
- Oskar Zieta at DMY Berlin
- Atelier Book Chair by Kana Nakanishi
- Pointless Diagrams by Josh Lewandowski
- Digital Natives by Matthew Plummer Ferna…ndez
- Fabrica Decorative System by Sam Baron
- Growing Vases by Nendo for Lasvit
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories