The Radar Easy chair collection was created for the Italian furniture company Casamania and consists of four pieces, the largest being a chair with a winged back rest designed to create a "radar" effect between two people facing each other.
"The backs create different levels of privacy like a room-within-a-room," Mårten Claesson from Claesson Koivisto Rune told Dezeen. "The largest and widest back also creates a personal space and silence for the sitter. In a facing pair, your conversation is contained between the two "radars"."
Each chair has been cast into an upholstered foam-frame with an optional swivel base. They come in various colours and fabrics – including leather – depending on the client's preferences.
Mårten Claesson said the chairs were "not limited for contract use" and could be used in either a home or an office, in breakout rooms or lobbies.
They are on show in Hall 16 Stand D 39 in Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan this week.
- Jaktogo by John Power
- Urban Nebula by Zaha Hadid
- Dezeen Watch Store: GO by Naoto Fukasa…wa for Issey Miyake
- Stack of utensils crafted in India for…ms Cheese Maker by Studio Makkink & Bey
- London building turned upside down by …Alex Chinneck
- Kuki chair by Zaha Hadid for Sawaya & …Moroni
- Sweet and Heady by Ray Power
- FHNY Collection by Florian Hauswirth
- Form 3 by fuseproject for Jimmyjane
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories