The Radar Easy chair collection was created for the Italian furniture company Casamania and consists of four pieces, the largest being a chair with a winged back rest designed to create a "radar" effect between two people facing each other.
"The backs create different levels of privacy like a room-within-a-room," Mårten Claesson from Claesson Koivisto Rune told Dezeen. "The largest and widest back also creates a personal space and silence for the sitter. In a facing pair, your conversation is contained between the two "radars"."
Each chair has been cast into an upholstered foam-frame with an optional swivel base. They come in various colours and fabrics – including leather – depending on the client's preferences.
Mårten Claesson said the chairs were "not limited for contract use" and could be used in either a home or an office, in breakout rooms or lobbies.
They are on show in Hall 16 Stand D 39 in Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan this week.
- 4foldlow by George Rice for Formtank
- Else vases by Michal Fargo moulded from …torn foam blocks
- Colour Injector lamp by Taras Sgibnev
- False Friends by Coarse
- DesignTide in Tokyo 2007 details
- Crate Cabinets by Pieke Bergmans
- Prostheses and Innesti by Studio MK27, M…anuela Verga and Paolo Boatti
- Dick Van Hoff for Makkum
- Pixel animations at London 2012 Olympic …closing ceremony by Crystal CG
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories