"I have a special hot line in my house in case they need the help of my super animation power," Ducki told Dezeen.
"They asked me to do a visual for the whole four minutes based on the logo of their new album, plus of course to feature a unicorn," he continued. "I told them that I don't animate unicorns anymore but I finally made an exception."
Rainbow-coloured graphics accompany the beat, as the cartoon unicorn's horn runs away and its body splits into three forms to chase after it. "Sometimes unicorns must chase their own horns to find a good party," Ducki said.
Along the journey, colourful fingers point the way and dancing figures perform different moves to the electronic music. Once reassembled, the unicorn hops, slides, moonwalks and even twerks in celebration.
"Besides my desire to have a lot of dancing characters, I made up a little narrative to stick the scenes to each other and to support the message of the music," said Ducki.
Time constraints meant that he kept the sequence simple, limiting the shapes and colour palette while keeping the animation flat.
"I had an extremely little amount of time comparing to the length of the animation so I eliminated everything which might be time consuming process: no textures, no render, no fancy storytelling," Ducki explained. "I rather pushed it to create as many joyful tiny figures and movements as possible."
"By now I can dance all the choreography of the unicorn by heart," he added. Basement Jaxx's Junto LP is due for release on 25 August.
- The knitting collection of Loes Veenstra… by Christien Meindertsma
- Sang Yoon exaggerates garments with plas…tic sleeves for Central Saint Martins collection
- The Possibilities of Parts by Studio lvw…p
- Antenna Lights by Adrien Rovero
- Note Design Studio encases Elements ligh…ts in soft-hued fabric shades
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Thomas Feichtn…er
- Shortlist for Designs of the Year
- Constructive Lives by Multistorey
- Swing Table by Duffy London
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories