Daniel Libeskind, who previously completed a family of towers in Singapore, designed the Century Spire to accommodate offices and apartments in Century City – a mixed-use development in the city south-east of Manila.
The peak of the building will be broken into three segments, which the architect describes as a crown.
All four facades will feature semi-reflective glazing, while the base of the building will taper inwards to make room for a landscaped entrance plaza.
Libeskind said that the project would "make a bold and optimistic statement about the future of the Philippines".
The building is set for completion by 2018 and will feature interiors by Armani/Casa – Giorgio Armani's interior design studio.
It will offer a mixture of 1-3 bedroom apartments, duplex units and penthouses. Amenities for residents will include a library, a swimming pool and a juice bar.
- Tate Britain appoint Caruso St John
- Kivik pavilion by David Chipperfield and… Antony Gormley
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: Eduardo Sout…o de Moura
- Haus Ostfildern by Finckh Architekten
- Mont Saint-Michel bridge by Dietmar Feic…htinger opens to pedestrians in Normandy
- Movie: Ai Weiwei on the Serpentine Galle…ry Pavilion
- Cultural centre at Bodø, Norway by Lang…don Reis Zahn
- Humlegården apartment by Tham & Videgå…rd Hansson Arkitekter
- Parc des Bords de Seine by HHF Architect…s and AWP
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories