Daniel Libeskind, who previously completed a family of towers in Singapore, designed the Century Spire to accommodate offices and apartments in Century City – a mixed-use development in the city south-east of Manila.
The peak of the building will be broken into three segments, which the architect describes as a crown.
All four facades will feature semi-reflective glazing, while the base of the building will taper inwards to make room for a landscaped entrance plaza.
Libeskind said that the project would "make a bold and optimistic statement about the future of the Philippines".
The building is set for completion by 2018 and will feature interiors by Armani/Casa – Giorgio Armani's interior design studio.
It will offer a mixture of 1-3 bedroom apartments, duplex units and penthouses. Amenities for residents will include a library, a swimming pool and a juice bar.
- Floating pyramid and wooden tunnel bui…lt in the woods by Architectural Association students
- Dezeen's top ten skyscrapers
- Machi Building by UID Architects
- Architects from Dublin and Belfast ins…tall red and yellow pavilions at London's King's Cross
- Grooming retreat in Mallorca offers "r…itual of self-cleansing" before and after horse riding
- Triple One by Renzo Piano Building Wor…kshop
- Toy Factory Loft by Zellnerplus
- Seven-metre doors reveal a courtyard i…nside TACHA_Design's Baan Yo Yen house
- A tree grows up through voids in Hamad…a Design's Glass + Wood building
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories