Daniel Libeskind, who previously completed a family of towers in Singapore, designed the Century Spire to accommodate offices and apartments in Century City – a mixed-use development in the city south-east of Manila.
The peak of the building will be broken into three segments, which the architect describes as a crown.
All four facades will feature semi-reflective glazing, while the base of the building will taper inwards to make room for a landscaped entrance plaza.
Libeskind said that the project would "make a bold and optimistic statement about the future of the Philippines".
The building is set for completion by 2018 and will feature interiors by Armani/Casa – Giorgio Armani's interior design studio.
It will offer a mixture of 1-3 bedroom apartments, duplex units and penthouses. Amenities for residents will include a library, a swimming pool and a juice bar.
- Harvest Pavilion by Vector Architects
- Sussex House by Wilkinson King Architect…s boasts cedar-clad walls and a ridged roof
- Modular CALTROPe structure reduces impac…t of rising sea levels by cultivating mangrove forests
- Straatlokaal by Rikkert Paauw and Jet va…n Zwieten
- Mazda Showroom by Suppose Design Office …pairs streamlined glazing with wood
- Moon Hoon creates an urban greenhouse on… a narrow Seoul plot
- Faceted concrete capsule by Noborders Co…llective extends a Mexican residence
- House Equanimity by Joe Biondo
- Folded metal kiosks by Make open like a …paper fan
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories