Daniel Libeskind, who previously completed a family of towers in Singapore, designed the Century Spire to accommodate offices and apartments in Century City – a mixed-use development in the city south-east of Manila.
The peak of the building will be broken into three segments, which the architect describes as a crown.
All four facades will feature semi-reflective glazing, while the base of the building will taper inwards to make room for a landscaped entrance plaza.
Libeskind said that the project would "make a bold and optimistic statement about the future of the Philippines".
The building is set for completion by 2018 and will feature interiors by Armani/Casa – Giorgio Armani's interior design studio.
It will offer a mixture of 1-3 bedroom apartments, duplex units and penthouses. Amenities for residents will include a library, a swimming pool and a juice bar.
- Metal Shutter Houses by Shigeru Ban
- BMW Welt by Coop Himmelb[l]au
- Burkhard Architekten adds concrete wine-…making facility to German village
- UAE Pavilion at Shanghai Expo 2010 by Fo…ster + Partners
- Konstantin Grcic builds Design Miami/Bas…el pavilion using Audi TT parts
- Evolver by students from ALICE studio at… EPFL
- "The Pompidou captured the revolutionary… spirit of 1968" - Richard Rogers
- Grand Teton Discovery and Visitor Centre… by Bohlin Cywinski Jackson
- House N by Maxwan
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories