Daniel Libeskind, who previously completed a family of towers in Singapore, designed the Century Spire to accommodate offices and apartments in Century City – a mixed-use development in the city south-east of Manila.
The peak of the building will be broken into three segments, which the architect describes as a crown.
All four facades will feature semi-reflective glazing, while the base of the building will taper inwards to make room for a landscaped entrance plaza.
Libeskind said that the project would "make a bold and optimistic statement about the future of the Philippines".
The building is set for completion by 2018 and will feature interiors by Armani/Casa – Giorgio Armani's interior design studio.
It will offer a mixture of 1-3 bedroom apartments, duplex units and penthouses. Amenities for residents will include a library, a swimming pool and a juice bar.
- Voivodeship Police Headquarters by Pozna…ń Projekt and mode:lina architekci
- Landgrab City by Joseph Grima, Jeffrey J…ohnson and José Esparza
- School Gym 704 by H Arquitectes
- Heydar Aliyev Center was "an incredibly …ambitious project" says Zaha Hadid
- All Saints Chapel by Gustavo Penna
- Melon District by Gus Wüstemann 2
- TOO49 by 16A
- Le Corbusier’s Cabanon - the interior …1:1
- House in Geochang by Studio GAON
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories