Daniel Libeskind, who previously completed a family of towers in Singapore, designed the Century Spire to accommodate offices and apartments in Century City – a mixed-use development in the city south-east of Manila.
The peak of the building will be broken into three segments, which the architect describes as a crown.
All four facades will feature semi-reflective glazing, while the base of the building will taper inwards to make room for a landscaped entrance plaza.
Libeskind said that the project would "make a bold and optimistic statement about the future of the Philippines".
The building is set for completion by 2018 and will feature interiors by Armani/Casa – Giorgio Armani's interior design studio.
It will offer a mixture of 1-3 bedroom apartments, duplex units and penthouses. Amenities for residents will include a library, a swimming pool and a juice bar.
- Panoramarestaurant Karren by Architekten… Rüf Stasi Partner
- Wind and Water Bar by Vo Trong Nghia
- House RA by Ana Reis
- Polish Pavilion for Shanghai Expo 2010 b…y WWAA Architects
- Roslyn Street Bar and Restaurant by Durb…ach Block Architects
- Vo Trong Nghia Architects adds brick and… bamboo to Vietnam factory interior
- ICA Boston images released
- House N by Sharon Neumanand Oded Stern-M…eiraz
- Timber-clad House M-M by Tuomas Siitonen… wraps around a sheltered garden
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories