"We hoped our design would function like a tool to help wearers measure time as they would measure length," said the studio.
Related story: Nendo replaces screws with magnets in Magne-hinge glasses
Thin lines of various lengths surround the face, with hour markers extending to meet numbers that sit above them like inch or centimetre indicators.
These marks are printed directly onto the crystal rather than the face.
Two sizes designed for men's and women's wrists both have leather straps that pass through brushed stainless steel cases.
The larger men's watches come in all brown, all black, and a black strap and white face.
Three women's designs include white, brown, and black and white.
The watches will be sold at Japan's Seibu department stores from 25 June.
Nendo is fast becoming one of the world's most prolific design studios and has released over 15 products already this year. See more design by Nendo »
Photographs are by Akihiro Yoshida.
- 3x3 by 3Patas for Francesc Ros Fusteria …Decoració
- Designer cakes by Viktor & Rolf, Studio …Job and more served up during Design Miami
- Bare Conductive Kits at Dezeen Super Sto…re
- Pablo Reinoso for Yamagiwa
- The Last Supper by Studio Job
- Tra le Briccole di Venezia at Riva 1920
- Time Flies by Lisa Frode
- Proposal for Resuscitating Prehistoric C…reatures by Marguerite Humeau
- Guarded Thoughts by Ron Arad
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories