"We hoped our design would function like a tool to help wearers measure time as they would measure length," said the studio.
Related story: Nendo replaces screws with magnets in Magne-hinge glasses
Thin lines of various lengths surround the face, with hour markers extending to meet numbers that sit above them like inch or centimetre indicators.
These marks are printed directly onto the crystal rather than the face.
Two sizes designed for men's and women's wrists both have leather straps that pass through brushed stainless steel cases.
The larger men's watches come in all brown, all black, and a black strap and white face.
Three women's designs include white, brown, and black and white.
The watches will be sold at Japan's Seibu department stores from 25 June.
Nendo is fast becoming one of the world's most prolific design studios and has released over 15 products already this year. See more design by Nendo »
Photographs are by Akihiro Yoshida.
- Naked City Landscape by Natascha Madeisk…i and Alexander Graef
- Umbrellas by Ella Doran at Dezeen Super …Store
- Stand table by Jakob Timpe slots togethe…r without glue or fixings
- Kartell presents new Ettore Sottsass col…lection in Memphis-themed exhibition
- Fading Desk by Thijmen van der Steen
- Philippe Starck's Juicy Salif was "the m…ost controversial lemon squeezer of the century"
- Smasher by DesignWright
- Reddress by Company
- Campana Beds by Fernando and Humberto Ca…mpana for Edra
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories