"We hoped our design would function like a tool to help wearers measure time as they would measure length," said the studio.
Related story: Nendo replaces screws with magnets in Magne-hinge glasses
Thin lines of various lengths surround the face, with hour markers extending to meet numbers that sit above them like inch or centimetre indicators.
These marks are printed directly onto the crystal rather than the face.
Two sizes designed for men's and women's wrists both have leather straps that pass through brushed stainless steel cases.
The larger men's watches come in all brown, all black, and a black strap and white face.
Three women's designs include white, brown, and black and white.
The watches will be sold at Japan's Seibu department stores from 25 June.
Nendo is fast becoming one of the world's most prolific design studios and has released over 15 products already this year. See more design by Nendo »
Photographs are by Akihiro Yoshida.
- Sweeper and dustpan by Jan Kochański
- Naoto Fukasawa at IMM Cologne
- Fabrica's Statera desk tidy brings plant…s into the workplace
- Moke by Michael Young
- HU by Ross Lovegrove for Issey Miyake
- Phrena by Karl Zahn for Artecnica
- Joel Karlsson designs pebble-shaped pend…ant lights for Örsjö Belysning
- No Place Like Home GPS shoes by Dominic …Wilcox
- Starting today: dezeen at Design Indaba
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories