Two curved elements meet in the air in front of the building, each supporting silver Mercedes-Benz cars positioned to look like they're hurtling past each other.
Related story: Porsche Sculpture by Gerry Judah
A 1934 Mercedes-Benz W25 racing car, celebrating it's 80th anniversary, is positioned facing the ground at the end of one bowed trail.
Mercedes' W04 Formula 1 car, raced by driver Lewis Hamilton in 15 Grand Prix last year, points in the other direction.
The cars are examples of the brand's Silver Arrows, the name given to its vehicles after the 1934 model was stripped of its lead-based white paint.
Engineered by Capita and fabricated by Littlehampton Welding, the installation weighs 160 tonnes and measures 90 metres in length.
Each year Judah designs a new giant sculpture for the festival, using cars from different auto brands as the prominent features.
Previous iterations have included three Porsche 911s soaring up into the sky like rockets and a white knotted sculpture of a race track for car brand Lotus. See more Goodwood installations »
Photography is by David Barbour.
- Drawings on the London Olympics by Cloâ…e Floirat at Dezeen Super Store
- Plus salt and pepper mills by Norway Say…s
- Tent London and designersblock movie
- Comic Spurs typeface is Comic Sans with …added irony
- Light Blubs Special Editions by Pieke Be…rgmans
- Fragile Beasts sculpture made from paper… by ÅÃ³dÅº University of Technology students
- Doomsday by Kacey Wong
- Matthew Hilton's new collection
- Wouldn't it be nice... at Somerset House
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories