London Design Festival 2014: British designer Jasper Morrison has designed a set of trays as well as updates to his Hal chair series for Swiss furniture brand Vitra, which will go on show during London Design Festival next month (+ slideshow).
Curved lips prevent small items from slipping out of the shallow containers, which are moulded from textured plastic and available in five colours.
Morrison has also added two versions to his Hal range of chairs. The first is an armchair based on the original moulded shell design. Arms continue from the curving backrest and connect to the seat.
Four-legged versions in tubular steel or wood and a five-star base with castors are both available. The second new edition is an upholstered leather seat, with two sections covering the front and back that are stitched together along the edges.
Soft padding around the plastic shell is added to provide extra comfort. The Hal Leather will be available to purchase in the UK from September.
￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼Vitra will also be showing its updated collection of furniture by Barber and Osgerby, which includes a sofa with adjustable back and arms and a shelving unit with rotating dividers.
- Colony armchair by Skrivo mixes steam-be…nt wood and rattan
- France away kit by Nike
- 9,5° chair by Rasmus B. Fex
- Design Miami seeks nominations for 2008 …Designer of the Future
- Nir Meiri's double-headed 2 Moons lamp m…imics celestial bodies
- Design performances in Basel
- Mercedes designs G-Code concept car to r…educe emissions in China's smog-filled cities
- Blooming Structures by Sivan Royz
- ITSOK Fluorescents by Sighn
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories