London Design Festival 2014: British designer Jasper Morrison has designed a set of trays as well as updates to his Hal chair series for Swiss furniture brand Vitra, which will go on show during London Design Festival next month (+ slideshow).
Curved lips prevent small items from slipping out of the shallow containers, which are moulded from textured plastic and available in five colours.
Morrison has also added two versions to his Hal range of chairs. The first is an armchair based on the original moulded shell design. Arms continue from the curving backrest and connect to the seat.
Four-legged versions in tubular steel or wood and a five-star base with castors are both available. The second new edition is an upholstered leather seat, with two sections covering the front and back that are stitched together along the edges.
Soft padding around the plastic shell is added to provide extra comfort. The Hal Leather will be available to purchase in the UK from September.
￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼Vitra will also be showing its updated collection of furniture by Barber and Osgerby, which includes a sofa with adjustable back and arms and a shelving unit with rotating dividers.
- Yusuke Seki showcases fragile hemp tex…tiles across banks of metal rods
- Goodnight Day by JamesPlumb
- Borselius attempts to perfect traditio…nal street lighting with Halo
- Force Lamp and Boy’s Lamp by Nika Zu…panc
- Functional branding by Aekae for QWSTI…ON
- Cauliflowers create moulds for "monste…r" stool by Studio Pasternak
- Wearable device could detect disease "…when the nearest doctor is days away"
- Future Self by rAndom International, W…ayne McGregor and Max Richter
- Scallop table by Samuel Wilkinson for …Versus
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories