Dan Hill is CEO of Fabrica, a communications research centre and design studio based in Treviso, Italy. A designer and urbanist, he has previously held design leadership positions at Sitra (the Finnish Innovation Fund) in their influential Strategic Design Unit, at Arup as foresight and innovation leader for the Australasian region, at Monocle, as web and broadcast director, and the BBC, as head of interactive technology and design.
Dan is an adjunct professor in the Design, Architecture and Building faculty at University of Technology, Sydney. His blog City of Sound covers the intersection between cities, design, culture and technology, and his books include "Dark Matter & Trojan Horses: A Strategic Design Vocabulary" (Strelka Press, 2012).
Stories by Dan Hill
- "Elon Musk's Powerwall could change the …carbon footprint of entire societies"
- "A city is more than just the sum of its… previous behaviours"
- "We need a Prouvé of plumbing, a Rogers… of rewiring, an Utzon of U-values"
- "Can public enterprises adopt the popula…r dynamics of private enterprises?"
- "Self-driving cars are the answer. But w…hat is the question?"
- "Design education needs space to explore…"
- "Finnish design can no longer afford to …be complacent"