Part of a new business and sporting complex, the pavilion is surrounded by polo fields and stables on land that was once part of the New Dutch Water line of defence - a 85km-long system of bunkers, dykes and water management systems built in the nineteenth century to rapidly flood land in the event of an invasion.
Photographs from the slideshow shown here are by Christian Richters and Menno Kok.
UN Studio has also posted a photo of its Theatre Agora at Lelystad, Netherlands, which is due to open next month (below).
- Greenpix media wall by Simone Giostra & …Partners
- House for Three Children by Masato Sekiy…a
- Squish Studio by Saunders Architecture
- Meditation House by Pascal Arquitectos
- Drift by Snarkitecture
- Grillagh Water House by Patrick Bradley …is made up of four stacked shipping containers
- Louvre Lens by SANAA
- CIRBUATS by Nick Ervinck
- Edge Condition Pavilion by Synecdoche
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories