Part of a new business and sporting complex, the pavilion is surrounded by polo fields and stables on land that was once part of the New Dutch Water line of defence - a 85km-long system of bunkers, dykes and water management systems built in the nineteenth century to rapidly flood land in the event of an invasion.
Photographs from the slideshow shown here are by Christian Richters and Menno Kok.
UN Studio has also posted a photo of its Theatre Agora at Lelystad, Netherlands, which is due to open next month (below).
- Bicycle Club by NL Architects
- 8 dwellings, 4 artist studios and 1 reta…il area by Charles-Henri Tachon
- Vertical Strip by Stephen Sobl
- 2007 Serpentine Gallery Pavilion
- Alhóndiga Cultural and Leisure Center b…y Philippe Starck
- Ex Arsenale at Maddalena by Stefano Boer…i Architetti
- Duncan Terrace by DOSarchitects
- More photos of Ando’s Miyake building
- Reinier de Graaf on OMA, the megacity an…d its hinterland
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories