Part of a new business and sporting complex, the pavilion is surrounded by polo fields and stables on land that was once part of the New Dutch Water line of defence - a 85km-long system of bunkers, dykes and water management systems built in the nineteenth century to rapidly flood land in the event of an invasion.
Photographs from the slideshow shown here are by Christian Richters and Menno Kok.
UN Studio has also posted a photo of its Theatre Agora at Lelystad, Netherlands, which is due to open next month (below).
- Centro Multiusos de Lamego by Barbosa & …Guimarães
- Dezeen archive: museums
- Villa Wot is a brick cuboid punctured by… different-sized windows
- Pombal Castle visitor centre offers a pe…ek through a historic stone wall
- M03 house renovation by BAST contrasts a…n old brick base with a new metal extension
- World Architecture Festival 2012: save 2…5% on entry fee
- Apartment in Barcelona by Arquitectura-G
- Factory Building on the Vitra Campus by …SANAA
- Northern Nautilus by Takato Tamagami
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories