Zaha Hadid has designed a landmark building for Szervita Square in the historic centre of Budapest, Hungary (via www.hg.hu).
The mixed-use building, for ORCO Property Group, will replace a communist-era car park and will contain shops, restaurants, offices and a nightclub.
Hungarian site www.hg.hu has more details of the project here.
Orco Property Group is an Eastern European property developer that is also behind the Zlota 44 residential tower in Warsaw by Daniel Libeskind.
- Youth Centre by Cornelius + Vöge
- Architectural Association students build… woodland shelter with a twisting lattice roof
- Movie: Steven Holl on Daeyang Gallery an…d House
- Modern Art Museum of Medellin by 51-1 Ar…quitectos
- Le Petit Prince Nursery School by Carlos… Barba
- Desert hideaway built among the ruins of… an old miner's shelter in Arizona
- Casa Cubo by Isay Weinfeld
- Red houses by Group8
- Oak walkway by Levitate inserted into ru…ined castle
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories