The dress (above) features full video display thanks to 15,600 LEDs programmed by Waldemeyer, and is covered in thousands of crystals.
Swarovski have posted a video of the runway show - the site is pretty hard to navigate but you need to go to Fashion/Paris/Hussein Chalayan.
More images of the collection coming soon hopefully... meanwhile, have a look at our earlier story, with backstage images taken by Waldemeyer himself, here
Below is some blurb about the collection:
Swarovski is proud to announce their continuous collaboration with Hussein Chalayan for Autumn Winter 2007/8, Paris.
Hussein pushes the boundaries of fashion yet again, for the first time ever the latest LED technology will be integrated into fashion design.
SPRING, SUMMER, AUTUMN, WINTER.
‘Dominant culture has established a worldview, where death is seen as an opposite force to life. Using climates as a metaphor, my collection is inspired by appropriating our protective sense of empowerment and our fears of mortality to the cycles of the weather. The climates constantly renew and recreate all entities in the world including our bodies and minds demonstrating that lives and deaths of all entities are in a constant states of flux.’
In this chapter, pieces with Swarovski Crystal which Chalayan calls “Winter Relief Components", consist of a glowing hat, neck pieces and a Swarovski outdoors inspired hat all of which emit light to uplift the wearer from lack of light in the winter.
A morphing hood with Jet Swarovski Crystal is seen as a symbol of hibernation and internalisation.
An LED dress consisting of 15,600 LEDS combined with crystal displays a short abstract film representing the arrival of spring. This dress is a predecessor of a rose jacquard fabric also representing spring.
The body resists autumn winds through aerodynamic shapes. This is demonstrated by tortoiseshell components with Swarovski Crystal.
This chapter is again represented with a crystal and LED dress consisting of 15,600 LEDS displaying the arrival of summer leading to an underwater environment.
- Zita Merényi sears fabric to create f…ashion collection with scarred seams
- Phurniture shows Morel’s Computation…al Chair
- Virgola by Giulio Manzoni for Campeggi
- Packaging Lamp by David Gardener
- Genetically engineered crops could gro…w lace amongst their roots
- Tokujin Yoshioka designs all-glass war…drobe for Glas Italia
- "Some companies hire designers for mar…keting reasons" - Konstantin Grcic
- Craig Green constructs giant fabric ve…ils for Spring Summer 2016 fashion collection
- Haas Brothers and Monkeybiz dress Afre…aks monsters in colourful beads
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories