Office for Metropolitan Architecture has announced details of a new publication that will present research into the growth of new urban centres in the Gulf.
Called Al Manakh - Arabic for "climate" - the publication will be launched by Rem Koolhaas at the International Design Forum in Dubai next month.
The publication will build on the research prepared for The Gulf, the exhibition presented by OMA at the Venice Architecture Biennale last year.
More info on Al Manakh on dezeen's blog for the International Design Forum.
Below is a statement from OMA:
Rem Koolhaas and Reinier de Graaf, directors of AMO, would kindly like to draw your attention to the International Design Forum, Dubai, 27-29 May 2007.
This forum will present research carried out by AMO over the last two years on the developments of the Gulf cities in “Al Manakh". A joint publication has been produced in association with Moutamarat and Archis for the occasion of the International Design Forum.
This comprehensive study offers an in-depth look at the urban development and transformation of six States on the Gulf – Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Ras Al Khaimah, Kuwait, Qatar and Bahrain.
Historical, cultural as well as journalistic observations are also taken into account in the analysis. "Al Manakh" will be available at the International Design Forum as well as at bookstores and newstands throughout Europe and North America.
Both Rem Koolhaas and Reinier de Graaf will be commenting on this project at the Forum and encourage your participation. This is the first time that the international design community has engaged in an in depth discussion on the Gulf, therefore making this event an exciting opportunity to exchange views and ideas.
- Parish House St. Josef by Frei + Saarine…n Architects
- 33 Lennox Gardens by Bramante Architects
- Rammed earth walls surround Craigieburn …Library by Francis-Jones Morehen Thorp
- Architectural model demonstrates Shigeru… Ban's new Aspen Art Museum
- Join Concierge Club and stay a night for… free at The Jones hotel in London
- Hut on Sleds by Crosson Clarke Carnachan… Architects
- Wiel Arets completes college campus in R…otterdam's Hoogvliet district
- Artfarm by HHF Architects and Ai Weiwei
- On the Bri(n)ck at Graduate School of De…sign, Harvard University
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories