SonUmbra is a freestanding structure resembling a large umbrella frame, that holds a funnel-shaped canopy of electroluminescent fibres. The glowing fibres glow respond to movement around them to create flowing light patterns on the canopy.
Faster Than Sound is a one-day festival that combines music and digital art forms and which forms part of the Aldeburgh Festival.
Here is a paragraph about SonUmbra from Loop.pH:
"The atmosphere of musical rhythms, harmonies and luminous patterns are composed by the visitors’ movement - either active or passive. The light emitting fabric of the umbrella is crafted into a lacework of many electroluminescent fibres. This latticed pattern is animated in concert with the generated surround sound and visually illustrates the visitors’ position within the constellation. Wandering unaware or actively gravitating towards Sonumbra each person plays a part and becomes a note in a unique composition of light, sound and space."
- Earthquake Proof Table by Arthur Brutt…erand Ido Bruno
- Stephen Burks for Artecnica
- Studio Libertiny uses body casts to sh…ape Tchair
- The Chicken Projectby Kieren Jones
- Series Two by Another Country
- Dezeen Screen: Change the Record by Pa…ul Cocksedge
- The Grass Is Always Greener on the Oth…er Side of the Fence by Christian Vivanco
- Crown by Chris Martin for Massproducti…ons
- h2o bench by h2o Architectes
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories