SonUmbra is a freestanding structure resembling a large umbrella frame, that holds a funnel-shaped canopy of electroluminescent fibres. The glowing fibres glow respond to movement around them to create flowing light patterns on the canopy.
Faster Than Sound is a one-day festival that combines music and digital art forms and which forms part of the Aldeburgh Festival.
Here is a paragraph about SonUmbra from Loop.pH:
"The atmosphere of musical rhythms, harmonies and luminous patterns are composed by the visitors’ movement - either active or passive. The light emitting fabric of the umbrella is crafted into a lacework of many electroluminescent fibres. This latticed pattern is animated in concert with the generated surround sound and visually illustrates the visitors’ position within the constellation. Wandering unaware or actively gravitating towards Sonumbra each person plays a part and becomes a note in a unique composition of light, sound and space."
- Una Sistema by Carlotta de Bevilacqua fo…r Danese
- Cardboard Bicycle by Izhar Gafni
- Receipt redesign by BERG
- Stick-lets by Christina Kazakia
- Making the Bocci 28 series chandelier
- A New Bus for London by Matthew Heywood
- Movie: Peroni Collaborazioni Talk with F…ormafantasma part 2
- Robot Cleaner by Jeongmi Lee
- Multithread by Clemens Weisshaar and Ree…d Kram
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories