Described by the designers as "a room for rest", Stitch Room consists of two shelters akin to shanty-town structures but made of sheets of stiffened fabric that snap together.
"With modular textile walls, they form a mobile and temporary space for relaxation and retreat, a place of reflection and regeneration," says the Vitra press release.
See more photos of the exhibition in our earlier post.
The Vitra Museum website has been updated with movies of all the installations at the MyHome show.
- Menswear capsule collection by Bureau …V
- Tephra Formations by Robert Stadler
- Painted Rug by Martí Guixé for Nanim…arquina
- Conceptual office swaps chairs and des…ks for "experimental work landscape"
- Nendo's Float stool for Moroso looks i…mpossible
- Urushi series by Aldo Bakker
- East Beach Cafe by Thomas Heatherwick
- Underwater by David Bowen
- The Mothership by Akoaki is a mobile D…J booth for playing funk on the streets of Detroit
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories