Described by the designers as "a room for rest", Stitch Room consists of two shelters akin to shanty-town structures but made of sheets of stiffened fabric that snap together.
"With modular textile walls, they form a mobile and temporary space for relaxation and retreat, a place of reflection and regeneration," says the Vitra press release.
See more photos of the exhibition in our earlier post.
The Vitra Museum website has been updated with movies of all the installations at the MyHome show.
- Designjunction is a place where "people …can get really excited about design"
- For Rest Table by SPEAC
- A Secret Friend by Tithi Kutchamuch
- Axis by Ramei Keum
- Literature Versus Traffic by Luzinterrup…tus
- To Become One by Erwin Zwiers
- Light Night 2009 by Linda Florence
- Das Haus – Interiors on Stage by Doshi… Levien at imm cologne
- Form Tea Set made of brass by Tom Dixon
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories