Split series is a design system by Peter Marigold that involves splitting timber logs lengthways into four parts and using the resulting odd angles to generate idiosyncratic shelves, tables and storage towers.
"The inverted angles of a shape split into pieces will always add up to 360 degrees," says Marigold. "The angles can be interchanged but will always form a whole."
- Money bowls by Arthur Analts and Rudolph… Strelis
- Design Indaba videos: Revital Cohen
- "My sketches are really awful" - Nendo's… Oki Sato
- Robert Stadler combines construction mat…erials in sculptures for Paris exhibition
- Lomme bed by Cycle 13
- Piamo by Gemodo Coffee and Lunar Europe
- Please by Jasper Morrison at Dezeen Watc…h Store
- The Birth by Studio Job
- Bel-Air by Mathieu Lehanneur
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories