Split series is a design system by Peter Marigold that involves splitting timber logs lengthways into four parts and using the resulting odd angles to generate idiosyncratic shelves, tables and storage towers.
"The inverted angles of a shape split into pieces will always add up to 360 degrees," says Marigold. "The angles can be interchanged but will always form a whole."
- Decouper Toile Collection and Bloody H…ell by Timorous Beasties
- Endless by Dirk Vander Kooij at DMY Be…rlin
- Objects for the Neighbour at Passagen
- Mourning Objects by Anna Schwamborn
- London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Gam…es posters
- Zen by Marcel Wanders
- Sigmund's Travelling T-Laboratory tea …set packs away into a phallic tube
- SitTable by UNStudio for Prooff
- Posters for Brocante by Demian Conrad
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories