The prefabricated, demountable structure was commissioned for last year's festival but was used again this year.
Photos are by Geoffrey Cottenceau and Fulguro. Details from Fulguro follow:
Montreux Jazz Festival 2006
For the 40th Montreux Jazz Festival, Nestlé had the opportunity to have a bar on the lake side serving food and beverages.
We designed a platform that would go from the edge of the lake onto the lake itself.
It was shaped like steps allowing a maximum number of people to enjoy the view on the landscape.
The bar was a kind of a beach house that landed on the platform. One side of the roof opened to let people order at the bar.
At the same time it provided a shelter when the weather would be rainy.
The project was inspired by paper boxes like chocolate packaging.
The whole construction is conceived so it can be rebuilt for the next two festival's editions.
- London Thatch by James Kirk
- Beach and Howe St. by BIG
- Vallvidrera House by YLAB Arquitectos
- Fashion Street by Buckley Gray Yeoman
- Spacebuster by Raumlabor
- Dezeen archive: Dutch houses
- Ashmolean Museum by Rick Mather Architec…ts
- Richard Rogers RA: Inside Out exhibition… at the Royal Academy of Arts
- Diogene by Renzo Piano at Vitra Campus
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories