The prefabricated, demountable structure was commissioned for last year's festival but was used again this year.
Photos are by Geoffrey Cottenceau and Fulguro. Details from Fulguro follow:
Montreux Jazz Festival 2006
For the 40th Montreux Jazz Festival, Nestlé had the opportunity to have a bar on the lake side serving food and beverages.
We designed a platform that would go from the edge of the lake onto the lake itself.
It was shaped like steps allowing a maximum number of people to enjoy the view on the landscape.
The bar was a kind of a beach house that landed on the platform. One side of the roof opened to let people order at the bar.
At the same time it provided a shelter when the weather would be rainy.
The project was inspired by paper boxes like chocolate packaging.
The whole construction is conceived so it can be rebuilt for the next two festival's editions.
- Concrete hills frame the galleries of Ma…ri Ito's Komatsu science museum
- New Holland Island by WORKac
- Choisy-le-Roi bridge by Jacques Ferrier …Architectures
- 56 Leonard Street by Herzog & de Meuron
- Sowa Unit by Kensuke Watanabe
- Architects design cat shelters for anima…l charity fundraiser
- La Serenissima office refurbishment by P…ark Associati
- Designed in Hackney: Mapledene Roadby Pl…atform 5 Architects
- Residential Extension by Alison Brooks A…rchitects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories