Particle is a modular shelving system by Dominic McCausland of Wilder Creative.
Made up of interlocking plywood modules, it can grow across a wall as more units are added.
Particle was shown at 100% Design in London last month under the Point 3 collective brand. McCausland and his design feature in one of our short movies about the London Design Festival, created for Swarovski Crystal Palace.
Here's some info about Particle from 100% Design:
Description: The inspiration for this project came from chemical cell structure models, and how the molecular structure can continually grow to form great cascading architectural objects yet at the same time just a few units can have an interesting effect. This product can be constructed into an infinite arrangement to create a unique system for storage and display.
Material: 12mm white melamine ply
Design: Dominic McCausland
- Family of candle holders created by Simo…n Legald for Normann Copenhagen
- Jaime Hayón for BD
- eBoy for Groove Armada
- Beau Sauvage at Gallery Libby Sellers
- Royal Extreme by Una Hlin Kristjansdotti…r
- Homage to Karl by Patrycja Domanska and …Felix Gieselmann
- New work from Tom Dixon
- "In your life, everything is integrated"
- Krijn de Koning builds colourful archite…ctural structures at Turner Contemporary
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories