Particle is a modular shelving system by Dominic McCausland of Wilder Creative.
Made up of interlocking plywood modules, it can grow across a wall as more units are added.
Particle was shown at 100% Design in London last month under the Point 3 collective brand. McCausland and his design feature in one of our short movies about the London Design Festival, created for Swarovski Crystal Palace.
Here's some info about Particle from 100% Design:
Description: The inspiration for this project came from chemical cell structure models, and how the molecular structure can continually grow to form great cascading architectural objects yet at the same time just a few units can have an interesting effect. This product can be constructed into an infinite arrangement to create a unique system for storage and display.
Material: 12mm white melamine ply
Design: Dominic McCausland
- The Crate Series by Studio Makkink & B…ey
- Interview: Dominic Wilcox at Dezeen S…pace
- China Design Now by Tonkin Liu
- A cup of coffee by Ryohei Yoshiyuki
- "The Star Wars poster is ultimately a …piece of shit" says Stefan Sagmeister
- Move Your Energy by Novague
- Stand table by Jakob Timpe slots toget…her without glue or fixings
- Public Office Landscape by Fuseproject… for Herman Miller
- Fornasetti II Collection for Cole & So…n
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories