Particle is a modular shelving system by Dominic McCausland of Wilder Creative.
Made up of interlocking plywood modules, it can grow across a wall as more units are added.
Particle was shown at 100% Design in London last month under the Point 3 collective brand. McCausland and his design feature in one of our short movies about the London Design Festival, created for Swarovski Crystal Palace.
Here's some info about Particle from 100% Design:
Description: The inspiration for this project came from chemical cell structure models, and how the molecular structure can continually grow to form great cascading architectural objects yet at the same time just a few units can have an interesting effect. This product can be constructed into an infinite arrangement to create a unique system for storage and display.
Material: 12mm white melamine ply
Design: Dominic McCausland
- Bethan Gray and Mitchell Abdul Karim Cri…tes design products influenced by Islamic patterns
- Dezeen Watch Store: Whereverby Denis Gui…done
- Made in Italy talks: Italian Design on t…he Road
- Alfredo Häberli for Quodes
- Amazon tests drones that could deliver p…ackages "in less than 30 minutes"
- Figurine Containers by TAF
- Yeh Wall Table by Kenyon Yeh goes into p…roduction
- Power of Making at the V&A
- Medici collection by Konstantin Grcic fo…r Mattiazzi
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories