Swedish creative studio Medium has completed a mini art museum for children, contained in a wooden box inside a grown-up art gallery.
The Barens Konstmuseum (Children's art Gallery), created with artist Jacob Dahlgren, is at the Västerås Konstmuseum in Sweden. Medium also designed the House Numbers Project, which we featured back in September.
Here's some info from Medium:
BARNENS KONSTMUSEUM / CHILDREN'S ART MUSEUM
by Jacob Dahlgren and Medium
Medium were invited by Swedish artist Jacob Dahlgren to design an art museum for children. Barnens Konstmuseum, being somewhere between a real museum and a dolls house, is currently on show at Västerås Konstmuseum, Sweden. Ett Rum Fyllt Med Idéer, New work by Stefan Edqvist is the first exhibition in the new museum.
Curator - Jacob Dahlgren
Exhibition inside the museum - Ett Rum Fyllt Med Idéer, Stefan Edqvist
Architecture by Medium
Exhibition catalogue by Medium
Jacob Dahlgren represents Sweden at this years Venice Biennale.
- Y+M Design Office envelops seven blocks …under one roof with Rain Shelter House
- House in Kamoshima by Horibe Associates
- Domus Technica by Iotti + Pavarani
- Singapore Pavilion at Shanghai Expo 2010… by Kay Ngee Tan Architects
- The High Line by James Corner Field Oper…ations and Diller Scofidio + Renfro
- House Y2 by Destilat
- Designed in Hackney: Hampstead Lane by D…uggan Morris Architects
- Private House in Cologne by SMO Architek…tur
- House in Tamatsu by Ido, Kenji Architect…ural Studio
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories