Swedish creative studio Medium has completed a mini art museum for children, contained in a wooden box inside a grown-up art gallery.
The Barens Konstmuseum (Children's art Gallery), created with artist Jacob Dahlgren, is at the Västerås Konstmuseum in Sweden. Medium also designed the House Numbers Project, which we featured back in September.
Here's some info from Medium:
BARNENS KONSTMUSEUM / CHILDREN'S ART MUSEUM
by Jacob Dahlgren and Medium
Medium were invited by Swedish artist Jacob Dahlgren to design an art museum for children. Barnens Konstmuseum, being somewhere between a real museum and a dolls house, is currently on show at Västerås Konstmuseum, Sweden. Ett Rum Fyllt Med Idéer, New work by Stefan Edqvist is the first exhibition in the new museum.
Curator - Jacob Dahlgren
Exhibition inside the museum - Ett Rum Fyllt Med Idéer, Stefan Edqvist
Architecture by Medium
Exhibition catalogue by Medium
Jacob Dahlgren represents Sweden at this years Venice Biennale.
- Studio Galantini rebuilds wooden frame o…f small Italian chapel
- House of Reticence by FORM/Kouichi Kimur…a Architects
- Stephen Lawrence Centre by Adjaye Associ…ates
- Dacha's Origami by Peter Kostelov
- MM Apartment by Nakae Architects and Ohn…o Japan
- Praça Do Natal by ZerOgroup and Unique
- Nestlé Chocolate Museum by Rojkind Arq.
- Hiroshi Sugimoto's glass cube hosts Japa…nese tea ceremonies in Venice
- Tape Installation by Numen/For Use at DM…Y Berlin
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories