Swedish creative studio Medium has completed a mini art museum for children, contained in a wooden box inside a grown-up art gallery.
The Barens Konstmuseum (Children's art Gallery), created with artist Jacob Dahlgren, is at the Västerås Konstmuseum in Sweden. Medium also designed the House Numbers Project, which we featured back in September.
Here's some info from Medium:
BARNENS KONSTMUSEUM / CHILDREN'S ART MUSEUM
by Jacob Dahlgren and Medium
Medium were invited by Swedish artist Jacob Dahlgren to design an art museum for children. Barnens Konstmuseum, being somewhere between a real museum and a dolls house, is currently on show at Västerås Konstmuseum, Sweden. Ett Rum Fyllt Med Idéer, New work by Stefan Edqvist is the first exhibition in the new museum.
Curator - Jacob Dahlgren
Exhibition inside the museum - Ett Rum Fyllt Med Idéer, Stefan Edqvist
Architecture by Medium
Exhibition catalogue by Medium
Jacob Dahlgren represents Sweden at this years Venice Biennale.
- OceanScope by AnL Studio
- London Aquatics Centre 2012 by Zaha Hadi…d
- The Stone Towers by Zaha Hadid Architect…s
- Kengo Kuma's Aix en Provence Conservator…y of Music boasts pleated aluminium walls
- New photographs reveal the inside of Her…zog & de Meuron's Elbphilharmonie
- London youth centre by RCKa features a t…ranslucent polycarbonate facade
- McDonald's restaurant by Mei Architects …boasts a golden facade and a spiral staircase
- Screenplay by Oyler Wu Collective
- Squish Studio by Saunders Architecture
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories