The collection, which includes chairs, tables, a stool, a bench and a storage chest all made of Siberian larch, was launched at Stockholm Furniture Fair earlier this month.
The company aims to develop and produce low-impact outdoor furniture and profits go to help the rehabilitation, employment and education of ex-criminals (according to our friends at Future Design Days, who helped us translate the IOU Design website from Swedish).
TAF Arkitektkontor's Gabriella Gustafsson and Mattias Ståhlbom also designed the Greenhouse young designers' showcase at the Stockholm Furniture Fair this year (see our reports from Stockholm for Greenhouse updates).
Here is some text about the collection, courtesy of the Future Design Days newsletter:
Swedish IOU Design is a newborn company with many good qualities. First of all they develop, produce and sell low-impact outdoor furniture. Made of Siberian larch and transported the most environmental-friendly way possible. Secondly, almost all parts of the company are run through an educational programme, with the purpose to help people in alienation to get back into the society.
Thirdly IOU Design only contract acknowledged Swedish designers. All the furniture in the first collection is created by TAF Architect Agency, run by Gabriella Gustafsson and Mattias Ståhlbom, who also for the second year in succession designed the Greenhouse area at the recently completed Stockholm Furniture Fair 2008. This first IOU collection, which is for sale now, consists of chairs, tables, a stool, a bench and a storage chest.
- 360° Family by Konstantin Grcic for Mag…is
- Super Contemporary interviews: Neville B…rody
- Les Mousses by Etienne Gros
- Pontoon and Maritime S by Benjamin Huber…tfor Casamania
- Journey to Space capsule for space touri…sts by Priestmangoode
- Zaha Hadid among celebrity Christmas bau…ble designers
- Dezeen's top ten FIFA World Cup 2014 arc…hitecture and design stories
- Dezeen's top 10 cycling designs of 2014
- Zouhria by Massimiliano and Doriana Fuks…as Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories