The project consists of a cafe, a restaurant, a roof terrace with swimming pool plus a range of Melon Flats, which contain several rooms and a communcal kitchen/diner.
Here are photos of the cafe, restaurant and entrance areas; we'll show the student accommodation tomorrow.
Photos are by Bruno Helbling.
Here's some text about Melon District from the project's website:
About Melon District
The company’s origins date back to 2001, when Rent a Bedroom S.L. was created with the cleat objective to lead the student accommodation market in Barcelona.
MelonDistrict is a new concept of accommodation for national and international students who are looking for a place to live in Barcelona.
This innovate proposal was born to address the needs and modern lifestyles of a dynamic and demanding public.
Urban locations, an international atmosphere, and a wide range of services based on demanding quality standards are the key aspects that define the MelonDistrict model, giving it this distinct style that goes beyond a simple accommodation service.
MelonDistrict’s priority is to offer flexible accommodation that is adapted to the requirements of students who come with different purposes, to study, to work, or simply to travel. This flexibility makes it the ideal option both for long stays as well as for medium or short stays.
- The Kingdom Tower by Adrian Smith + Gord…on Gill Architecture
- Voivodeship Police Headquarters by Pozna…ń Projekt and mode:lina architekci
- Serpentine Gallery Pavilion 2007 again
- House in Koamicho by Suppose Design Offi…ce
- Garden room added to Marseille townhouse… by Marion Bernard Agency
- Beko Masterplan by Zaha Hadid Architects
- Pormetxeta Square by Xpiral and MTM Arqu…itectos
- White concrete cultural centre by DRDH n…estles up against a Norwegian harbour
- World Conservation and Exhibitions Centr…e by Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories