Dezeen is name-checked in the entry on blogging, along with Design Observer. "The first design blog to set the standard was arguably Design Observer (www.designobserver.com)" the entry says. "Brainchild of New York-based Pentagram partner Michael Beirut and edited by him with William Drenttel and Julia Helfand, it combines critique and intelligent comment on issues to do with design and culture.
"There are times when a phenomenon, rather than a person or organisation, merits a mention for the influence it exerts on design and related creative media," Design Week says. "As a medium it is unstoppable - if time-consuming. At its best, it offers a valuable and well-regulated platform for debate."
Others in the Hot 50 list include Apple, Comme des Garçons, Zaha Hadid and Tom Dixon.
- Minimal Work Station by Fredrik Paulsen
- Mercedes designs G-Code concept car to r…educe emissions in China's smog-filled cities
- Concrete Cloth by Concrete Canvas
- Joost van Bleiswijk assembles industrial… components into furniture pieces
- Top Ten at the British Council in Milan
- Catenary Pottery Printer using analogue …parametric design by gt2P
- Lix 3D-printing pen allows users to crea…te solid drawings in the air
- Evelin Kasikov at Dezeen Platform
- Jeonghwa Seo explores contrasts with Mat…erial Container Series
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories