Dezeen is name-checked in the entry on blogging, along with Design Observer. "The first design blog to set the standard was arguably Design Observer (www.designobserver.com)" the entry says. "Brainchild of New York-based Pentagram partner Michael Beirut and edited by him with William Drenttel and Julia Helfand, it combines critique and intelligent comment on issues to do with design and culture.
"There are times when a phenomenon, rather than a person or organisation, merits a mention for the influence it exerts on design and related creative media," Design Week says. "As a medium it is unstoppable - if time-consuming. At its best, it offers a valuable and well-regulated platform for debate."
Others in the Hot 50 list include Apple, Comme des Garçons, Zaha Hadid and Tom Dixon.
- Interview: Assemblage 1 by Toogood
- Lianes, Roches, Conques by Ronan & Erwan… Bouroullec at Galerie Kreo
- Fashion Font by Yvette Yang
- Valentin Vodev's Vello bike folds with "…a simple kick" thanks to one big magnet
- Pinocchio by David Dolcini for Riva 1920
- Famous modernist chair shapes merged int…o a bar stool by Eugeni Quitllet
- Fergana by Patricia Urquiola for Moroso
- Drapery vases by Kruskopf and Kuisma
- Chris Martin's sofa system for Massprodu…ctions zigzags around corners
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories