Dezeen is name-checked in the entry on blogging, along with Design Observer. "The first design blog to set the standard was arguably Design Observer (www.designobserver.com)" the entry says. "Brainchild of New York-based Pentagram partner Michael Beirut and edited by him with William Drenttel and Julia Helfand, it combines critique and intelligent comment on issues to do with design and culture.
"There are times when a phenomenon, rather than a person or organisation, merits a mention for the influence it exerts on design and related creative media," Design Week says. "As a medium it is unstoppable - if time-consuming. At its best, it offers a valuable and well-regulated platform for debate."
Others in the Hot 50 list include Apple, Comme des Garçons, Zaha Hadid and Tom Dixon.
- M/B creates spinning optical illusion …at Molteni&C's Paris store
- 360 degrés by Roberto Paoli for Ligne… Roset
- Ear Chair by Studio Makkink & Bey
- Yi Chair by Michael Young for EOQ
- Scantling by Mathias Hahn for Marset
- "At night you won't switch on the ceil…ing lamp. You'll switch on the window."
- Dezeen’s top ten: shoes
- Mario Botta and André Ricard for Pier…re Junod
- Join by BCXSY
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories