Dezeen is name-checked in the entry on blogging, along with Design Observer. "The first design blog to set the standard was arguably Design Observer (www.designobserver.com)" the entry says. "Brainchild of New York-based Pentagram partner Michael Beirut and edited by him with William Drenttel and Julia Helfand, it combines critique and intelligent comment on issues to do with design and culture.
"There are times when a phenomenon, rather than a person or organisation, merits a mention for the influence it exerts on design and related creative media," Design Week says. "As a medium it is unstoppable - if time-consuming. At its best, it offers a valuable and well-regulated platform for debate."
Others in the Hot 50 list include Apple, Comme des Garçons, Zaha Hadid and Tom Dixon.
- Fabrica reinterprets everyday objects fo…r Extra-Ordinary Gallery at Ace Hotel Shoreditch
- Snow Vases by Maxim Velčovský
- Ridged Roof Furniture by Ainė Bunikytė…
- Proper Coffee's Imperial Drip machine br…ews drinks slowly to improve flavour
- Wilcox vs 3D Printer at Hacked Lab
- Nike 1 World AF1 by Maharam with Hella J…ongerius
- Unpølished by Dik Scheepers
- Designer Christmas cards
- 1:1 scaled-up dolls' house furniture by …Silva Lovasová
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories