Dezeen is name-checked in the entry on blogging, along with Design Observer. "The first design blog to set the standard was arguably Design Observer (www.designobserver.com)" the entry says. "Brainchild of New York-based Pentagram partner Michael Beirut and edited by him with William Drenttel and Julia Helfand, it combines critique and intelligent comment on issues to do with design and culture.
"There are times when a phenomenon, rather than a person or organisation, merits a mention for the influence it exerts on design and related creative media," Design Week says. "As a medium it is unstoppable - if time-consuming. At its best, it offers a valuable and well-regulated platform for debate."
Others in the Hot 50 list include Apple, Comme des Garçons, Zaha Hadid and Tom Dixon.
- Il cuore è una pompa by Gianfranco Pamp…aloni
- Nevroz spirit level by Yann Lestrat for …Tamawa
- Today at Dezeen Platform: mode:lina
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Julian Hakes
- FALT.series by Tim Mackerodt
- Prosthetics exhibition at SHOWcabinet
- King and Queen Chair by Jeong Yong
- Dezeen Watch Store pop-up at SuperDesign
- Wired Store Annex by Tronic Studio
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories