The plates, bowls and chopsticks are intended to replace disposable paper tableware.
The pieces are made from hardtack, a biscuit dough made from flour, water and salt which was traditionally used as dry emergency rations at sea.
The biscuits will last for months as long as they are kept dry.
- Dezeen Screen: garden design by Wilson M…cWilliam Studio
- Ideas wanted for a more cycle-friendly L…ondon
- High-tech lighting installation by Simon… Heijdens creates "3D drawings in water"
- Cherry Tree by Tom Price
- Scraplights by Graypants
- Holzbank by Thomas Schnur
- Architonic presents Feeling Felt
- Ready Made Curtain by Ronan and Erwan Bo…uroullec
- Grip Torch by Alexander Taylor for Praxi…s
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories