The plates, bowls and chopsticks are intended to replace disposable paper tableware.
The pieces are made from hardtack, a biscuit dough made from flour, water and salt which was traditionally used as dry emergency rations at sea.
The biscuits will last for months as long as they are kept dry.
- Happy Toys by Usuals
- Dezeen Live movie series
- Lagrange34 chocolate by Jjuice
- The Fourth-Dimension by Orawee Choedamph…ai
- Tender Tub by Maren Hartveld
- Volkswagen's latest car has a sunroof th…at opens with a wave of the hand
- Literature Versus Traffic by Luzinterrup…tus
- Designed in Hackney: Living Room by Gitt…a Gschwendtner
- Marginal Notes 2012 by Note Design Studi…o
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories