The pencils come with a sharpener so chocolate shavings can be grated on top of pastries and desserts.
Here's a bit of text from Nendo:
Chocolate-pencils is a collaboration with patissier Tsujiguchi Hironobu, the mastermind behind popular dessert shops like Mont St. Claire and Le Chocolat de H. Tsujiguchi created a new dessert based on his impression of Nendo after conversations with us, and we designed new tableware for them.
We wanted our plates to show off the beauty of meals and desserts like a painting on a canvas. Based on this idea, our "chocolate pencils" come in a number of cocoa blends that vary in intensity, and chocophiles can use the special "pencil sharpener" that comes with our plate to grate chocolate onto their dessert.
Pencil filings are usually the unwanted remains of sharpening a pencil but in this case they're the star!
Photographs by H-STYLE/FG-MUSASHI
- In Praise of Shadows at The V&A
- Black Tree by Miloš Milivojevic
- Hand Forged by Julien Renault
- Sand by Yukihiro Kaneuchi
- Ads with a New Purpose by Ogilvy & Mathe…r for IBM
- Okum redesigns the common extension cabl…e
- Audi Centenary Sculpture by Gerry Judah
- Giant Cubebot by David Weeks for Quinze …& Milanand Areaware at MOST
- ArcelorMittal Orbit by Anish Kapoor
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories