The pencils come with a sharpener so chocolate shavings can be grated on top of pastries and desserts.
Here's a bit of text from Nendo:
Chocolate-pencils is a collaboration with patissier Tsujiguchi Hironobu, the mastermind behind popular dessert shops like Mont St. Claire and Le Chocolat de H. Tsujiguchi created a new dessert based on his impression of Nendo after conversations with us, and we designed new tableware for them.
We wanted our plates to show off the beauty of meals and desserts like a painting on a canvas. Based on this idea, our "chocolate pencils" come in a number of cocoa blends that vary in intensity, and chocophiles can use the special "pencil sharpener" that comes with our plate to grate chocolate onto their dessert.
Pencil filings are usually the unwanted remains of sharpening a pencil but in this case they're the star!
Photographs by H-STYLE/FG-MUSASHI
- Tom Dixon to debut and sell products at …The Cinema in Milan
- Power Plant by Guus Van Leeuwen
- Grey Derivations by Maarten Baas for Mit…terrand + Cramer
- Peroni Collaborazioni Talk tonight: Fabi…o Novembre
- Kranen/Gille at Gallery Fumi
- Quattro Fleet Shuttle by Audi for Ender'…s Game
- Kelp lampshades by Julia Lohmann
- Artek revives Alvar Aalto products for l…atest furniture collection
- Side table extends from base of Rise sof…a by Note Design Studio
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories