The pencils come with a sharpener so chocolate shavings can be grated on top of pastries and desserts.
Here's a bit of text from Nendo:
Chocolate-pencils is a collaboration with patissier Tsujiguchi Hironobu, the mastermind behind popular dessert shops like Mont St. Claire and Le Chocolat de H. Tsujiguchi created a new dessert based on his impression of Nendo after conversations with us, and we designed new tableware for them.
We wanted our plates to show off the beauty of meals and desserts like a painting on a canvas. Based on this idea, our "chocolate pencils" come in a number of cocoa blends that vary in intensity, and chocophiles can use the special "pencil sharpener" that comes with our plate to grate chocolate onto their dessert.
Pencil filings are usually the unwanted remains of sharpening a pencil but in this case they're the star!
Photographs by H-STYLE/FG-MUSASHI
- Joris Laarman works with Opel
- Outofstock's Flag cabinet conceals and d…isplays small objects
- Ammonite by Noé Duchaufour-Lawrance for… Meta
- Bits of Wood by Pepe Heykoop
- Lumps of lava act as built-in dimmer swi…tches for porcelain lamps by gt2P
- SWAS tent by Tie Fan
- Orishiki Spectacle Case by Naoki Kawamot…o
- Recent work by Kelly McCallum
- Robot Cleaner by Jeongmi Lee
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories