The pencils come with a sharpener so chocolate shavings can be grated on top of pastries and desserts.
Here's a bit of text from Nendo:
Chocolate-pencils is a collaboration with patissier Tsujiguchi Hironobu, the mastermind behind popular dessert shops like Mont St. Claire and Le Chocolat de H. Tsujiguchi created a new dessert based on his impression of Nendo after conversations with us, and we designed new tableware for them.
We wanted our plates to show off the beauty of meals and desserts like a painting on a canvas. Based on this idea, our "chocolate pencils" come in a number of cocoa blends that vary in intensity, and chocophiles can use the special "pencil sharpener" that comes with our plate to grate chocolate onto their dessert.
Pencil filings are usually the unwanted remains of sharpening a pencil but in this case they're the star!
Photographs by H-STYLE/FG-MUSASHI
- Dezeen Platform: Denis Guidone
- Oasis by Claesson Koivisto Rune, Luca Ni…chetto Jean-Marie Massaud and Front for Offecct
- Drawn from Clay – Noordoostpolder by A…telier NL at Gallery Libby Sellers
- Satellite by Mr Jones Watches at Dezeen …Watch Store
- Blankets by Snøhetta for Røros Tweed
- Dezeen Screen: Ian Callum on the Jaguar… C-X75
- Designers reinterpret Ron Arad's Tom Vac… chair
- SCP in Milan
- The World's Longest Table For All Cultur…es by UNStudio
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories