The pencils come with a sharpener so chocolate shavings can be grated on top of pastries and desserts.
Here's a bit of text from Nendo:
Chocolate-pencils is a collaboration with patissier Tsujiguchi Hironobu, the mastermind behind popular dessert shops like Mont St. Claire and Le Chocolat de H. Tsujiguchi created a new dessert based on his impression of Nendo after conversations with us, and we designed new tableware for them.
We wanted our plates to show off the beauty of meals and desserts like a painting on a canvas. Based on this idea, our "chocolate pencils" come in a number of cocoa blends that vary in intensity, and chocophiles can use the special "pencil sharpener" that comes with our plate to grate chocolate onto their dessert.
Pencil filings are usually the unwanted remains of sharpening a pencil but in this case they're the star!
Photographs by H-STYLE/FG-MUSASHI
- Tobias Rehberger covers HMS President …in "dazzle camouflage"
- Paralympic design: competitive handcyc…les
- Naoto Fukasawa designs streamlined Inf…obar A03 smartphone for KDDI
- Thin Black Lines by Nendo
- CLS Mobile Drive by Sylvain Willenz
- Quand Jim se Relaxe by Matali Crasset
- Egg of Columbus by Valentina Carretta …of Fabrica for Seletti
- OKAY Studio at The Aram Gallery
- The Sectionimal by gt_2P
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories