The pencils come with a sharpener so chocolate shavings can be grated on top of pastries and desserts.
Here's a bit of text from Nendo:
Chocolate-pencils is a collaboration with patissier Tsujiguchi Hironobu, the mastermind behind popular dessert shops like Mont St. Claire and Le Chocolat de H. Tsujiguchi created a new dessert based on his impression of Nendo after conversations with us, and we designed new tableware for them.
We wanted our plates to show off the beauty of meals and desserts like a painting on a canvas. Based on this idea, our "chocolate pencils" come in a number of cocoa blends that vary in intensity, and chocophiles can use the special "pencil sharpener" that comes with our plate to grate chocolate onto their dessert.
Pencil filings are usually the unwanted remains of sharpening a pencil but in this case they're the star!
Photographs by H-STYLE/FG-MUSASHI
- Silicon details outline garments in Xiao… Li's Autumn Winter 2014 collection
- Coral by Studio Aisslinger
- Hussein Chalayan at the Design Museum
- The Fluke by BarberOsgerby
- Established & Sons at The Temporium
- Solids of Revolution by Max Lamb
- Blakeley furniture by Studio Roderick Vo…s is built from architectural joists
- Naar Inkt Vissen book printed with squid… ink by Today Designers
- Workstead bolts together metal rods to f…orm lighting for Another Country
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories