The pencils come with a sharpener so chocolate shavings can be grated on top of pastries and desserts.
Here's a bit of text from Nendo:
Chocolate-pencils is a collaboration with patissier Tsujiguchi Hironobu, the mastermind behind popular dessert shops like Mont St. Claire and Le Chocolat de H. Tsujiguchi created a new dessert based on his impression of Nendo after conversations with us, and we designed new tableware for them.
We wanted our plates to show off the beauty of meals and desserts like a painting on a canvas. Based on this idea, our "chocolate pencils" come in a number of cocoa blends that vary in intensity, and chocophiles can use the special "pencil sharpener" that comes with our plate to grate chocolate onto their dessert.
Pencil filings are usually the unwanted remains of sharpening a pencil but in this case they're the star!
Photographs by H-STYLE/FG-MUSASHI
- House Numbers Project by Medium
- Designed in Hackney: Pottery by Ian McIn…tyre for Another Country
- Albatros by Oscar Lhermitte
- Animated music video for Japanese band S…OUR created using spinning CDs
- Orbea Grow by Álex Fernández Camps
- Sakura Cafe by Klein Dytham Architecture
- Acorn lights by Vasiliy Butenko
- Blue Frog Lounge by Serie Architects
- Designed in Hackney: Josiah pendant ligh…t by Terence Woodgate
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories