The pencils come with a sharpener so chocolate shavings can be grated on top of pastries and desserts.
Here's a bit of text from Nendo:
Chocolate-pencils is a collaboration with patissier Tsujiguchi Hironobu, the mastermind behind popular dessert shops like Mont St. Claire and Le Chocolat de H. Tsujiguchi created a new dessert based on his impression of Nendo after conversations with us, and we designed new tableware for them.
We wanted our plates to show off the beauty of meals and desserts like a painting on a canvas. Based on this idea, our "chocolate pencils" come in a number of cocoa blends that vary in intensity, and chocophiles can use the special "pencil sharpener" that comes with our plate to grate chocolate onto their dessert.
Pencil filings are usually the unwanted remains of sharpening a pencil but in this case they're the star!
Photographs by H-STYLE/FG-MUSASHI
- St Peter Squeezer by Studio Giulio Iacch…etti
- Z-shaped clothes hanger easily fits thro…ugh the neck hole
- Unhidden by Leon Li and Ryan Ran
- Bjarke Ingels draws city outlines around… porcelain tableware
- Till Wiedeck designs multi-level display… stands for COS
- A.M.L. Clamp Light by Andreas Martin-Lö…f
- Kaschkasch models lamp for Normann Copen…hagen on a cartoon character
- "I work best in a new field or culture" …- Hella Jongerius
- Jeonghwa Seo experiments with form for S…tructure For Use benches
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories