Dezeen's (only just) monthly top ten: each month we present a hit parade of stories from our archive. Here are the stories about residential housing projects that were most popular during March:
1: In first place is 10×10 Housing Project by Tom Dixon, Shigeru Ban, David Adjaye et al - an ongoing project to develop affordable housing solutions in Cape Town. Top image: house design by Silvio Rech & Lesley Carstens. Above: house design by Mark Dytham and Ruben Reddy (Story viewed 6,820 times in March 2008).
2: House in Sendai-Kasumi by Kiyonobu Nakagame - a home on a hill overlooking Sendai in Japan (viewed 6,190 times).
3: Passive Houses by Kjellgren Kaminsky - a design for a prefab, low-energy house (viewed 4,412 times).
4: Twin Houses by Terry Pawson Architects - designs for two private homes at Kingston Upon Thames near London (viewed 3,790 times).
5: Casas Lago by Adamo Faiden - low-cost housing in Buenos Aires (viewed 3,695 times).
6: Two stories about this project - also part of the 10x10 Housing Project that is in first place in this list - made it into the top ten: Sand-bag houses by MMA Architects 3 (viewed 2,873 times) and Sand-bag houses by MMA Architects 4 (viewed 2,164 times).
7: Your Wall House by FAR frohn&rojas - plans of the popular tent-house in Chile are now available for sale (viewed 2,190 times).
8: 63.02° house by Schemata Architecture Office - named after the angle at which it meets the street (viewed 1,728 times).
9: Parabola House by Atelier Tekuto - another gem from the Tokyo suburbs (viewed 1,728 times).
10: Alan-Voo Family House by Neil M. Denari Architects - a family home in Los Angeles (viewed 1,917 times).
That’s it for now. Next month: top ten stories from Milan.
- Adam Dettrick's Narrabundah House angles… towards view of an old eucalyptus tree
- Galeria.Solar.S.Roque by Manuel Maia Gom…es
- Sussex House by Wilkinson King Architect…s boasts cedar-clad walls and a ridged roof
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: Sou Fujimoto
- Fortress of Franzensfeste by Markus Sche…rer and Walter Dietl
- 3D-printed structural components will le…ad to "new building shapes"
- Adaptable architecture gallery
- Two In One Villa by clavienrossier
- Indonesian house by SUB features chisell…ed edges and a grassy courtyard
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories