House V is the latest project from Croatian architects 3LHD.
The family house is situated on a slight hill near to the Medvednica mountain in Zagreb, Croatia.
Photographs by Damir Fabijanic.
More Dezeen stories about 3LHD architects:
The following information is from 3LHD architects:
House V was designed in order to satisfy the needs of a family. Applying communication between the common and individual rooms, the facilities and functions of the space have been connected into a single unit that creates a comfortable living area for a family.
The house is situated beneath Zagreb mountain Medvednica, on a relatively mild hill that stretches from south to east. The formed building direction and the quality of the landscape have directly influenced the position of the house.
The house is closed on the north side along the street and opens up into a large private garden thus creating a sense of intimacy for family life.
The ground floor is intended for the common activities of the inhabitants, with a gradual staircase connecting the serene living area to private rooms on the first floor.
Exits to the outdoor landscape are possible from the pool on the southern side, the porch area on the southeastern side, along the glass front of the living room and from the commercial part on northeast side.
The open ground floor is directed towards the outside area while the partly enclosed first floor with a terrace only symbolically plays with the relationship of the intimate and transparent.
The longitudinal volume that breaks amply is included in the dynamic by vertical openings on both floors on the western facad e. With its shape and careful fit into the surrounding landscape, House V stands out distinctly from the buildings around it.
- Alphaville's Dig In the Sky house is mad…e up of three blocks connected by bridges
- Nike Air Force 1 Store by Torafu Archite…cts
- Movie: Toblerone House by Studio MK27 th…rough the eyes of a cat
- Machi Building by UID Architects
- Future Hotel Room by LAVA
- "BIG never makes any design decisions ju…st for fun" says Bjarke Ingels
- Droog Townhouse by Atelier Bow-Wow
- Black Barn by Arhitektura d.o.o. used fo…r production of dried fruit and honey
- Canberra's National Arboretum features "…100 forests from around the world"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories