House V is the latest project from Croatian architects 3LHD.
The family house is situated on a slight hill near to the Medvednica mountain in Zagreb, Croatia.
Photographs by Damir Fabijanic.
More Dezeen stories about 3LHD architects:
The following information is from 3LHD architects:
House V was designed in order to satisfy the needs of a family. Applying communication between the common and individual rooms, the facilities and functions of the space have been connected into a single unit that creates a comfortable living area for a family.
The house is situated beneath Zagreb mountain Medvednica, on a relatively mild hill that stretches from south to east. The formed building direction and the quality of the landscape have directly influenced the position of the house.
The house is closed on the north side along the street and opens up into a large private garden thus creating a sense of intimacy for family life.
The ground floor is intended for the common activities of the inhabitants, with a gradual staircase connecting the serene living area to private rooms on the first floor.
Exits to the outdoor landscape are possible from the pool on the southern side, the porch area on the southeastern side, along the glass front of the living room and from the commercial part on northeast side.
The open ground floor is directed towards the outside area while the partly enclosed first floor with a terrace only symbolically plays with the relationship of the intimate and transparent.
The longitudinal volume that breaks amply is included in the dynamic by vertical openings on both floors on the western facad e. With its shape and careful fit into the surrounding landscape, House V stands out distinctly from the buildings around it.
- Kengo Kuma urges architects to "be humbl…e"
- Furniture from Buildings by Architectkid…d and Osisu
- dezeen loves... Public Space Shading Can…opy
- Casos de Casas' plastic-clad house desig…ned to adapt to all the Spanish seasons
- PKU University of Law by Kokaistudios
- KE 12 Townhouse by SoHo Architektur
- James Christian designs parasitic struct…ures for disused city spaces
- Huaxi city centre by MAD and others
- Dresden Museum of Military History by Da…niel Libeskind - more images
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories